SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susnnn

high school graduation opinions please

Susnnn
21 years ago

My child recently graduated from high school. He had done well throughout high school, academically and athletically. He had earned an honors diploma. It is common prodedure during the commencment exersize to annouce the students name and honors diploma status (if the child had earned one.

Here's my problem and I would really appreciaate objective opinions please. During the commencement, as the prinicpal read the childs name, he ommitted the honors diploma announcement. I wondered why he did that. After the ceremony, several parents and friends of my son asked me about it. I was a bit upset. I found the prinicpal and asked him if there had been a problem. His response? "Oh, did I miss him? I thought I did, sorry" This was said very flippantly and with an attitude you would expect out of a thirteen year old.

I asked him to check his list to make sure it was there, and there it was, hihglited in bright yellow..It practically jumped off the page and smacked you in the face.

This sounds bad, but I think he missed it intentionally. Way back inn 1996, my oldest son had a problem at school. It was handled very badly and I was confused about the whole thing, so I had a meeting with this principal. In the meeting, he contradicted previous statements and lied to me about things I already knew. I ended the meeting by stating "How can I teach my children to respect you when I have no respect for you myself". That is the last I ever spoke to this man.

My oldest son had no problems in school after that and my youngest has never been any problem at all.

What do you think happened and how should I respond? Either he did this intentionally or he is inept at reading lists and therfore should not be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremonies. Thanks for your response.

Comments (22)

Sponsored