Return to the School Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
School's Out (or Nearly)...

Posted by SandiD (My Page) on
Thu, May 29, 03 at 11:21

What will your & your kids be doing this summer?

My 9 & 12 year olds will be taking part in the summer reading program at the public library, taking music lessons (piano, violin & clarinet), going to the Gulf Coast a few weekends and going to Space Camp for a week. Now...to get my boss to let me work from home all summer....hmmm...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: School's Out (or Nearly)...

Sounds like a well planned summer. I always used the summers with our violinist to really improve her skills for the orchestra the next fall. With fewer demands on her time in the summers, she really moved ahead every vacation in her violin skills. She started the violin in 3rd grade when she learned along with her classmates. Every 3rd grader in our school district learned the violin, and she had been looking forward to her turn in 3rd grade. She was concert mistress in 8th and again in 12th grade. I feel certain that her musical prowess opened college doors for her.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the School Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here