SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arkansasgardenboy

Training Children or Raising kids

Arkansasgardenboy
21 years ago

Yes, you can train your children and it is proper to say you have if you have. There can be a big difference in rearing children and just raising kids. Yes, children may be referred to as kids. A kid could be someone any age. It could be used like "hey dude". (informal)

Train means to bring up: teach; He trained his sons to respect their parents and teachers. SYN: educate. 2. to make skillful by teaching and practice: to train people as nurses. 3. to discipline and instruct to be useful, be obedient.

You train in sports, various occupational areas and other areas of ones life.

I love the training which comes by setting a "good" or "correct" example. I know of no better way. No I am not a "perfect" example but I know one who is.

Learning is a life long process. It is filled of making choices. Choices carry consequences. I am still becoming of what I am to become by making choices. I continue to read, study, visit, work, pray, participate in many activities. We learn by doing. We make mistakes, we try again. School is the area around us.

I am thankful for the many men and women who are trained in law enforcement, soldiers, fire fighters, rescue personnel,nurses, doctors and many others who risk their own lives to protect and preserve the lives of others. Thanks for the parents and teachers who helped them to get where they are. Each has such vital parts to perform.

How many times does a "child" say he/she wants to become such and such when he/she grows up? Interest change. Why? Could it be dad is this or mom is this or for some similar reason. We are motivated by the world around us. Are we letting it influence us or we influencing it. Yes and no perhaps.

Who has been a "role model" in your life? Has someone really had a real impact in your life? How did they influence you? It does make a difference. The difference it makes can be amazing. Maybe that person or persons is/are still living today. Communicating is a great way of learning. It is really caring and sharing in it "truest sense".

Who has made a great impact in your life? My parents, my wife, my brothers, my children, many pastors, many elderly couples, friends and associates have had a impact on me. Children have had one of the greatest. Where would we be without the children? They are our inspiration, our hope, our future, our love, our dedication, our care, our concern, our own.

May God Bless....

Comments (19)

Sponsored