SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kliddle_gw

Fund raising idea

kliddle
14 years ago

I posted this in response to an inquiry and thought maybe to start it as a new thread.

I have a great idea for you and for anyone wanting to do a fundraiser.

There is a company which just launched called 1-800-Pharmacy which spends it's advertising budget in the form a of rebates to its customers. Customers who refer friends get rebates on what their friends order to. Shopping online is cheaper and easier as it is, but if you get a rebate it is even better. This is the incentive to customersshop and save, share and save more. purchaser gets 50% of the wouldbe advertising budget on their own purchases, 40% gets divided among the referring parties and 10% goes to a health charity. more info here:

www.1800pharmacy.com/k

This is how it works for a fundraiser. Almost every company doing e-commerce has an affiliate program where the company pays individuals to refer business to them in the form of a commission. Every time you click a banner at, somebody is getting paid. 1-800-Pharmacy has a program set up so that organizations wanting to do fundraisers can be set up as an affiliate and get paid to refer customers.

This is an easy fundraiser because the items for sale are the health and beauty products we all buy every month as well as prescriptions so you are not asking people to write another check and spend more money, just shift their shopping for the same items and brands they buy at the brick and mortar grocery/drugstore to an online one (and likely pay less in the process).

Perhaps the best part about the fundraising program 1-800-pharmacy has set up is that it never stops. Every time a referred customer shops the school, boyscout troop, or whoever, gets paid a commission forever. If those customers refer other customers, the school gets a commission on them as well four referrals removed. The customers still get the rebates on their own purchases and those of the people they referred, but the school gets 40% of the wouldbe advertising budget on the direct referrals and 30%, 20%, 10% the generations of referred customers of their referral. The funds raised will have a compounding and multiplying effect as time goes on.

The advertising budget of a particular item is roughly 10% or even higher. This means the school would be getting about 4% commission when the mother of a student buys toothpaste she would have bought anyway.

This advertising money is going to someone and this program just redirects it to the charity.

1-800-Pharmacy just launched, and their online sales won't be available until late spring, but you can set up an account now and read about them at www.1800pharmacy.com/k. You can set up your school and have everything ready before the kids come back in fall.

I hope this all makes sense. We are doing this for a charter school in Phoenix as their fundraiser.

Individuals can follow the link to set up their own accounts, but if you are representing a school or other group planning to do a fundraiser, 1-800-Pharmacy will have support materials for you to help you explain and promote it to your patrons. Use the link to create an account for your school, or charity (name the account after the organization) and it will get directed to the fundraising program. After you create an account, you can call the 1-800-Pharmacy (not hard to figure out the number) and request help with fundraising or contact me for a direct contact at the company (I don't work at 1-800-Pharmacy, but am friends with the CEO).

good luck!

A note for those who are thinking hey, I can refer my kids' school get all those rewards and make a fortune, does not work that way. institutions doing fund raisers are outside of the customer referral program and no rebates are generated to the referring party so the school gets 4 times as much money. Sorry, good idea, but this is for the charities benefit not yours. If you want to make money referring people, just follow the link and set yourself up as a customer or if you are a professional affiliate join their affiliate program.

Comment

Sponsored