Return to the School Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
School Supplies

Posted by mommybartnett (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 21, 08 at 11:05

I used to always dread the "back to school" time of the year, with the school supply lists and trying to find the "specific" brands. It was a scavenger hut really. I recently found a company that will take your school supply list and they will ship you everything on it. The supply's aren't the generic stuff either, they have exactly what is on your list. Not only is it easy but it is affordable too, and they will donate 10% of the profits to your school. When I contacted them they offered to send me a free sample. They didn't charge me a dime. I didn't even have to pay shipping! I can't believe someone didn't think of this sooner. Now I can just sit back and relax knowing that I already have my school supplies. Oh I almost forgot their website is www.ezschoolsupplies.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: School Supplies

We support our local merchants.

o

Our local schools actually offer a school supply package you can purchase through the school. The packages are tailored to each grade supply list and you just pick it up from the school in the fall. The school gets part of the money from the orders. I never used the service, I just went to Walmart and Target as soon as I got the list and bought everything, but this is a real lifesaver for people with multiple kids in different grades, or just parents who are short on time.

o

As a child who almost always enjoyed school, I looked forward to the annual trip in August for school supplies. Mom and I would go to one of the stores that had good sales and pick up things I would need. She stuck to a pretty common list.

When my kids were growing up, I continued that tradition even if they didn't want to go with me. In California, there is no REQUIREMENT for a parent to provide anything - the law states that if a teacher requires something, the school must provide it. (With CA school budgets the way they are, teachers are careful to word something as "this would be beneficial" rather than "this is required", because it will come out of their own pockets.) Still, I always felt that a child would take care of something a little better if we provided it - and I would tell my child, "If you purposely break this, the replacement comes out of YOUR allowance." My kids learned pretty quickly to take care of things. I also told them that I wouldn't replace the crayons until mid-year, so don't loan or break them.

DonnaR/CA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the School Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here