Return to the School Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
College

Posted by Donnakt (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 15, 03 at 0:59

Scholarships or grants..Do any of you know where to go to check these out? My grandson will need financial aid to go to the school of his choice in the fall. Just looking, trying to help him out with this..
Thanks,
Brian's Grandma

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: College

It getting kinda late for this fall. The first thing you need to do before anything else is fill out a FAFSA if he hasn't already done so. That can be done online if you do a search there. It will also give you some links I think.

Sallie Mae,is one place to get loans. You can probably check that out online also. try www.parentanswer.com/senior These are loans based on school choice and your credit rating...not income based.

o

Try www.fastweb.com. You can type in all your information, and it matches you to existing scholarships and e-mails the info to you. When I worked for a college, we suggested this site to all incoming students. It's free.

Here is a link that might be useful: fastweb

o

I agree that filling out the FAFSA is the first thing to do. Getting a grant from the Federal government is the quickest and easiest way to get some money for school as long as he qualifies for it. I also tried www.fastweb.com when I was a freshman at college (the link the previous poster suggested). It was alright... I ended up filling out about a dozen scholarship applications and none of them came through for me. So I stopped looking there. All of my scholarships ended up coming from the school. Most school departments will offer scholarships so be sure to give the department he is going into a call and see what they have available.

Here is a link that might be useful: A college degree resource

o

Yes, fill out the FAFSA and also to save some extra money. Try using http://www.koofers.com to buy your textbooks. They have a search engine that will help you find the cheapest books that you will need. Its really a great tool for college students

o

Hello!
I am a student and I've never worked.
I need help.I need to get on an essay for my new employment.I've some problems with essay writing,and want to ask for advice.
I've found one website, http://cheapcustomwritings.com does anyone heard about it? is it reliable?
Thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: http://cheapcustomwritings.com

This post was edited by suttonmat on Fri, Nov 1, 13 at 6:16

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the School Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here