SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wvhschic04

School starting times (very interesting opinion!)

wvhschic04
22 years ago

Hi, i'm am a tenth grader in highschool and i have to do a debate on highschool starting an hour later then it already does but i have to argue the negative side, for the status quo. I've read some postings on this topic and its given me great ideas but i just wanted to see what people would have to say about this topic. Plus i also need to back up my arguements with facts! and so i need some help as to where i could get facts on school starting times.

My school starts at 7:25 am and ends at 2:25 pm and as much as i hate having to get up at 6am every morning i like it that way because there's time left over in the day to participate in sports and clubs and have a job. If schools started later then everyone's schedule's including the student's parents would be switched around causing chaos and shorting the time in the day that people have to do things. I think that students just need to manage their time better and go to sleep earlier and take short power naps, 1 when they get home from school (30min) it helps you unwind and relieve stress and another one if you feel tired but not 3hrs b4 bed because then you won't be able to go to sleep.

And no one can tell me that they actually have 5-6hrs of homework a night because that unreasonable and if that's actually happening they should go talk to the teacher. Also if students are finding that they don't have a enough time in their day to participate in sports and do school work then your education comes first, not sports or clubs. Your intelligence will get you farther in life then how far you can throw a football. So anyway sorry this is long please give me your comments on this!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Style Savvy Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Northern Virginia's Luxurious Interior Designer & Decorator