SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
taz4u

lousy penmanship

taz4u
22 years ago

I have a son in the second grade who just turned 7 in January. He is an excellent reader and maintains A's & B's in every subject with the exception of penmanship. He has been denied being on the honor role twice this school year because of his C- in penmanship. It isn't that he doesn't try, he just has lousy writing, both printing and cursive. My wife and I both spend a lot of time helping him practice. I seem to think that most of his problem is his small muscle coordination. The biggest reason for this post is to plead for some assistance. His Teacher acts as though his penmanship is more important then any other subject. I tend to disagree (I have been known to be wrong) and feel that it will progress as he matures. I also can not understand why he continues to get 100% on every oral spelling test, but yet when given the same written test most words are marked wrong because of the penmanship, even though the words are still legible and correctly spelled.(which I'm hoping I have done) I would, sincerely appreciate any and all advice, direction, guidance, etc.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022