SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carol_gw

How Bright is your Child's Teacher?

Carol
25 years ago

Okay, I am not out to make enemies here, and I know that there are many wonderful teachers out there, both new and seasoned teachers.

I will tell you that I am scared for our nation's children. I work in a university and I am in contact with many students. The university I am affiliated with is a very highly rated school. For the most part it is an engineering and business school, liberal arts are secondary, but students are supposed to have good SAT's and grades to be accepted. For the most part the students are like other students; there are the good and the bad in every field. I see students from every field.

What concerns me is the quality of the students who are to become our next generation of teachers. I am appalled that the majority of students I see from the field of education seem to be scraped from the bottom of the barrel. For the most part they are unable to write a coherent letter, they can not spell and when I speak to them they seem to be the dullest most uninformed, ignorant students on campus.

It seems that if they want to teach third grade that they have mastered the third grade but not much else. I do not expect these people to understand quantum physics, or theorize on Shakespeare, but I really fear for our children. I know that there are wonderful teachers out there, I had a few, and I also had some horrible ones.

Is it the standards of our universities that are graduating such imbeciles!? This is not the only university I have worked for. I have seen this time and time again. I have wanted to make copies of the letters I receive from these students, many who have graduated and are working in the field, cross out the addresses and names and submit themto the local newspaper. I believe that the community would be as shocked and horrified as I am.

Comments (41)

Sponsored