Return to the School Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Scanning Driver's License

Posted by xminion (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 11, 10 at 18:01

Does anybody know what my district is doing this for besides 'The safety of the children?"

You can't even get an e-mail address for the school board president, but every parent, sibling, and visitor's sensitive information will be SCANNED.

I feel parents have the right to know where and to whom this information is going. Is it be cross-referenced with
an FBI list or what? And, why won't they tell us?

Anybody have any enlightenment on this? Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Scanning Driver's License

That is hard to believe. I would refuse until they clarify the reason. I guess after the school shootings they feel they have to do something. But unless they run the DL number to find out who knows what, it is a open field for identify theft. I would ask the local law enforcement for help, or even your local FBI office. Sounds like someone wants to be a big shot. If they give you static, contact your local invesagative reporter. Or make you show the regulations in writing and who made them and why they have to have that infomation.

o

Do they want your driver's license or the student's? I'm not following you on that. Ihave heard that some schools require this when students are drive their cars to school and leaving the car in the student parking lot on school grounds but I can't imagine why they'd need your license. That makes no sense to me. Not everyone has a license. I'd be making calls for sure.

o

After a massive letter writing campaign to school board members, PTA members, school district police ....am still hearing "your information is secured in our database." Do they have any idea that the average junior high student can figure out how to hack their 'secure' mickey - mouse databases?

Perhaps it's time to involve the media..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the School Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here