SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancycline17

Please help me help my High School Son

Nancy Cline
22 years ago

My son was in the gifted program all through elementary school although his grades weren't exceptional. His teachers felt he was getting bored in class and needed something more interesting to do. When he didn't do his homework, they had him stay in at recess to do it. He had quite a talent to talk his way out of most situations. The teachers all loved him.

When he got to middle school, he was teased constantly by the kids in school. What about? As near as I can figure it out it was for everything. Good grades, bad grades, how he walked, how he talked, what he was interested in, I'm not sure but I think he was teased about breathing. The teachers, eventhough we talk with them and the principal, did nothing about this. He continued his history of not doing his work eventhough I tried talking with his teachers and checking his agenda journal every day. He almost didn't graduate from 8th grade last spring!

He's in high school now. He only had 4 classes last semester. He got a B, a C, a D, and an F. He has a grade point average of 1.5. We've tried professional counciling for him and he refused to talk to the councilor. There is nothing left that he likes to do that we can take away from him. He has very few friends around our house so grounding him to the house has no effect.

My question is this? What can we do to get him to take an interest in school, do his work, and get it turned in?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Nancy

Comments (10)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012