Return to the School Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pen pals please

Posted by
MJHarner
(dmjharn@concentric.net) on
Wed, Jan 16, 02 at 20:42

someone please reply!!! looking for pen plas for my classromm of 23 students. They are 8-10 years old.
Michigan, USA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pen pals please

I'm a boring housewife in Texas. I have 4 dogs, a rabbit, a 12 year old daughter & an old house I'm fixing up.

Do I qualify or do you want someone more exciting?

o

When I was in grade school, I would get pen pals by writing a letter to the school principal explaining what I was doing, like "I am a third grader looking for a pen pal." I got several responses, one of whom I even met. One time an entire class wrote me letters. So that's one way to do it, especially to ensure that the children are all age-appropriate.

o

Why don't you contact other schools and talk to the principals and teachers to see if they're interested in having their class participate.

o

I know this is late...but do you still have interest in pen pals???? I could check at my son's school, I'm sure that they would agree that pen pals would benefit kids especially who need help with writing or social skills!! Feel free to e-mail me and let me know!!

o

Hey, are you STILL looking for pen pals? Would you be interested in a couple who are young at heart, do quite a bit of travel and have volunteered as docents (giving tours for school kids and working with scouts) for more than a decade at the Los Angeles Zoo? What state are you in and what topics are your students studying? Would your class like to receive some post cards from London and Paris in mid March? Or maybe something you could use with your class from the British Museum or the Louvre?

o

Well, I got no reply, I guess you were not so interested after all.

o

I never got one, either! LOL!

o

I just might take you up on the offer. ;-)

Sounds exciting.

<(----------M *arf arf* C----------)>
<(--- www.LiveNudeDogs.com ----)>
<(----------Run Toto Run-----------)>

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the School Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here