SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daistheputridone

i just wanted to throw a uniform criticism out there...

daistheputridone
15 years ago

well, im sorry to be "that guy" and i really dont mean to offend anyone but the incredulous stupidity of uniforms is blaring in my mind and i just need to vent

so here goes....allow me to show how ineffective uniforms are

1.uniforms do not promote not facilitate social equality

-i can tell the difference between a 6.99$ polo shirt and a 50.99$ polo shirt.....

-people will criticize others method of dress irregardless of the uniform and if that is impossible, they will degrade their pysical appearance

-uniorms dont idenify you with common traits of another student, they make you despise him because he reminds you of how idiotic what youre wearing is

2.uniforms do not promote discipline or "spirit"

-school spirit is nice, but being yelled at for insignifigant "inractions" that i was already aware of makes me fel incompotent and killed what little spirit i ever had

-treating people like they are incapable of dressing themselves makes them question both the intellegence of the system that is teaching them, destroying morale, and their own intelligence, which kills self esteem

-pestering people to tuck in their shirts is stupid....its a shirt it doesnt matter, and you just made that guy feel like an idiot

3.unifroms dont stop gang activity

- thats what tattos, hand gestures, colors, and slang are for.....gangs will exist always and a change of decent clothes to stupid clothes wont ever stop that

4.uniforms do not "prepare anyone or the real world"

-my jobs have never had a formal dress code, and sure some do, but they are the minority .....many jobs have free dress , so this statement is null isnt it

-college has no dress code so that doesnt apply there either

5.uniforms straight up look bad on people....i mean im a big guy, about 6'3 and 200 lbs and im nicely built but anytime i tuck in a polo shirt, i gain like 20 lbs , the same goes for slacks........its makes me more self aware that i look idiotic in them and untucking the shirt, solving the problem, gets me yelled at

6.uniforms do not promote academic welfare

-my intelligence and perseverance promote my academic study, not what im wearing nor does it distract others....(if you spend all day looking at some dudes lip ring, thats your creepy fetish, not everyones)

-i solely determine if i want to try to apply myself in school and i , the very smart person that i am, and about 2000 other people at my school feel underappraciated and insulted that we are told that what we think is irrelevant in the face of 100 administrators

-my uniform actually distracts me and inspires me to say screw you to learning because its not worth it

7.uniforms can be expensive for low income familes

-lets say you have 4 kids and you have to pay 100 dollars for each o them to have brand new clothes evry year, that gets expensive and then no matter how "equal" they allegedly make people, those kids will still be insulted becasue they couldnt afford more expensive uniform articles and other accesories

8.unifroms are plain uncomfortable

9.the way that uniforms are enforced are too adamant, too spartan, and plain way too retarded(no offence)

if you needed to make sure i was someone that you didnt know, then check my id, i can live with that, but if you know me im not putting it on, you know who i am , not am i tucking in my shirt just because you think youre better than me

10. uniforms make students ffel irrelevant in position to their admin....this is not so

all people are 70%water and 30% wasted metal, and theyre all equally dismal creatures....youre not better than me becasue of your age or your title or anything like that, were on the same level

.............theres a few more, but im tired, ill post the rest later

feel free to comment if you want, i just wanted to release a bit of hate in a free environment

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths