SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carlotta_bull

Damaged Library Books - Suggestion

Carlotta_Bull
22 years ago

While we were out the other day, our basset puppy go DD's backpack off the table & made a snack out of two library books!

Well, I went in to see the librarian today & confessed! I offered to pay her for the books or replace them (I had already checked with amazon.com & they are available for immediate shipment).

She said the way their budget process is, she could take my money, but she might not be able to use the money to replace the books. I told her that I would buy her new ones. She was all for getting new books & just transferring the bar code over.

I am getting her two brand new books with school/library quality binding (better than she had) for about the same amount she would have charged me for replacement & processing! BTW, I'm still going to have to pay her $2.50/book for inprocessing, but at least the books will be in the library for the students to check out & read.

My suggestion: If books get torn up, talk to the librarian promptly & see if they want money or the books replaced.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living