Return to the School Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Ideas for Pre K Dramatic Play

Posted by SandieFL (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 25, 04 at 13:04

I work at a Pre School and am in charge of changing Dramatic Play every month.It has to be a theme for that month.I have to decorate the Stand and find something that will keep them interested for the entire month.This month is Valentines,Presidents or Black History Month. I am having a hard time thinking of something that Pre K would understand.Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Ideas for Pre K Dramatic Play

well...pre-k's not a place to put 'dramatic' and 'black history' together unless it's a passion...

how about doing soemthing about the different kinds of love?

love like you have for your favorite food, for your mom, for your best friend, the icky kind of love that teenagers obsess over? there's a children's book out there... momma and baby bunny on the cover, 'are you my momma?' maybe?

March is better...I remember our teacher teaching is how to mime, so we could 'be' sproutung seeds, or 'feel' like a tree putting out new leaves, and we all ran around with flower-faces for a week (I still have mine, plus the full-sized costume I made in college, PLUS a tattoo of the comic book character... funny how some things stick with you)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the School Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here