Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Glassy eyes in pet photos

Posted by kyry (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 26, 05 at 18:32

Does anyone have a link for a tut for removing glassy eyes in pets? All of the book marks I had and the tuts on PSP links are redirected to Corel now and I can't seem to find any help.
Thank you,
Carol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Glassy eyes in pet photos

I've been told to use the red-eye removal tool in PSP 8 which also features "animal eye" and other various color settings which can compensate for "glassy eye" or "green-eye" for pets. I've used it on green-eyed pet pics and it takes some time and hand-retouching in PSP to get them to look realistic, but it helps.

o

Thanks Amy, that's what I had been trying but just didn't do the trick. Hopefully someone still has a tut saved that wasn't associated with the Jasc site.
Carol

o

Carol, here are two tuts....

This one is for PSP7, it should also work for PSP8
Get the Red Out!

How To Remove Red Eye in Paint Shop Pro (any Version)

Joy

o
One more....

Carol, scroll down to....
Viewlet: Cats Eye Red Out

o

Thank you Joy. I think I will have to try the Cats Eye Red Out. The others won't work, I'm working with two different dogs that their eyes look like Sandy in Little Orphan Annie. Take a look

o

Wow, those are major cases of shine. The ones I've worked on so far were not over the whole eye.

o

I know! These are the worst, I always have to work with their eyes, as they are always glassy and usually have not much color. But these I'm afraid might be too much of a challenge and maybe I'll just take some more pictures. Lord knows I don't have enough doggie picutres.
Carol

o

Carol, darken the whole area, before you start to repair. I agree with, Amy, "those are major cases of shine."

Sophie, wanted to model, she was very good.....Joy

o

Another idea might be to get creative and find a picture of a dog with similar eyes and just clone them over the glassy ones.
Sue :)

o

Thank you Joy, great job! Good idea Sue, in fact I can look for another photo of them and give that a try. Although like I said they usually almost always have glassy eyes,though not quite looking like the devil as in these photos.
Getting back to all the tuts on the old Jasc site, does anyone know what happened to them or how to find them?
Carol

o

Carol, go to the Corel Site....

Corel Home

Click on the word 'Community' on the blue bar across the top of the page.
Click on 'Tutorials' left side menu.
Click on Paint Shop Pro
Scroll down, you will find PSPX....PSP 9....PSP8 tutorials

Joy

o

Hi Joy,
Yes I had been there and checked them out. They are not the same as the old ones and none for PSP7. I just wonder if they are just all gone now that Corel took over. I should post on the newsgroup and ask that.
Carol

o

Wow, those look really good, Joy, then you can just clone the fur around the outsides of the eyes.

o

My try----

~Urlee~ :)

o

Ooooh Urlee - what a great job you did!
Elaine

o

HORRAY our Urlee to the rescue.
Great work my friend
HUGS
Sue :)

o

Wow Urlee! Amazing job! Especially on Sophie, you captured a look she shares with us often. Thank you. Where did you get the eyes? Were they from your furry friend?
Carol

o

Urlee, excellent, the ayes have it! :-)

Joy

o

Thank you gals!

Carol,
Just so you didn't say "sophie's" eyes are "blue" "lol"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o

Holy cow Urlee. You keep topping yourself!!
Judy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here