Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Working with layers

Posted by Marilyn_FL (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 22, 05 at 13:27

Can someone recommend a site for learning to work with layers.Beginner. I just got PSP 9 and would like to learn how to use it for restoring old pictures. It seems like this should be done by working with layers.

thanks,
Marilyn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Working with layers

Hi Marilyn,
From one Marilyn to another,
Nice to see that name!
I have done all my retouching on a copy of the original right on the photo it's self.
What kind of retouching do you mean?
Like taking away scratches and defects?
I have never used layers for that.

~Urlee~/Marilyn

o

Yes taking away scratches and adding back parts of a photo that may have been ripped. I was reading through the messages and saw where someone had part of a photo torn and it was able to be repaired using layers. I don't know anything about using layers and am interested in learning how to use that part of the program.
I like all of your things you have been posting. I really like your day 56. One of these days I hope to learn how to do some of the fancy things you are doing.
Marilyn

o

You mean like this?
I did that when I was first learning PSP7.
I must have had patience huh?

~Urlee~

o

Yes that's what I am talking about. Great job. Now I just need to learn how to do that.

Marilyn

o

Hi Marilyn,

I like all of your things you have been posting. I really like your day 56. One of these days I hope to learn how to do some of the fancy things you are doing.

I forgot to thank you for your kind words. Thank you!
And you just stick with it and as long as the want to is there, you will!
The above picture, I used the clone tool as I knew nothing else, but now, in the newer versions, they have so many more tools that work well and better to make it so much easier to do.
You get a picture and practice with your tools to see what they do and use where they will do the job. If I run across some tutorials that you would benefit by, I surely will send them your way. I'm sure others on here may have the URLs to tutes that would help you.

~Urlee~

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here