Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help With a picture please.....

Posted by trinitytx (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 7, 05 at 11:02

In my yearly attempt to get my brother and sister speaking again, I want to send this pic to my brother for Christmas. it is the only adult photo I have of my sister. what i hope to do is
take the gentleman out of the photo, and just have my sister in the picture so i can put it in a pretty frame.

Thanks for your time!

trin

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help With a picture please.....

Trin
I can't help you but someone should be along that can. There are some here who do terrific work on pictures.
Judy

o

Trin,
You can make a big picture small but you can't make a small picture big and keep the same quality.

I imagined you scanned that picture?
If you would have scanned it much larger, then it could be made into a big enough one to be put in a frame.

~Urlee~

o

urlee, you did an awesome job on this picture! wow!
one question, yes, i did scan it, and how would i scan it larger as you suggested?

thanks!

trin

o

Trina,
I depends on what kind of a scanner you use and the size of your photo to begin with.
I use an Epson 1200U.
If your photo is like a 3x4, scanning at Res 150 makes a 688x514 pixel size which I always use to work with. Scanning at Res 100, you get a 466x343 pixel picture.
I am posting two graphics to try and explain what to do.
I hope they are self explanitory?
The main thing is to select your photo before you scan so you do not get the whole area around it which makes for too big a scan and is wasted space.

~Urlee~

o
RE: Need help With a picture please....xxxxxxx.

THE BIGGER THE BETTER!
Try scanning at 200 and see how it comes.

~Urlee~

o

i scanned it at 200, but when i sent it to photo bucket to post on the web, it auto resized it to the original.

how can i post the larger version? sorry all, you are having to deal with me. but i REALLY appreciate you help.
i have it save to my desktop right now.

trin

o

Trin,
Why don't you send it to me via e-mail?
I will e-mail you from your (my page)

~Urlee~

o

Urlee, do my eyes deceive me? By chance, is that a Honda 50 Cub? A friend had a red one way back when.

I assume that's your grocery-grabber when the weather cooperates? :)

o

Well well well,
Look who popped in?
Sweetheart, that is a 1980 C70 Honda Express I would like to sell if I can get the lead out to put an ad in the paper!
I have a "trunk" on the back of the seat now.
It has an electric start.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here