Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pic on computer edited to poster size

Posted by ellie45 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 12, 11 at 10:42

I was sent a picture that I would like to make into a 2' x5'
say poster. So much bigger. The owner does not have the original

Where do I take it to get this done?

Forgive me if this has been addressed - I thought I saw this posted somewhere and can not find it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pic on computer edited to poster size

Any print shop in your area, BUT remember the rule-------You can make a big graphic smaller but NOT a small graphic larger without losing quality. Nowadays, with new technology, maybe the print shops can get around it pretty good.

o

Urlee, thank you for answering. You are always kind. I don't' understand the term print shop. I will look it up but is it a camera shop that does this kind of work perhaps along with transdferring vhs to dvd. Not a drugstore.

I expect I will lose quality so a consultation is in order.

o

Ellie, It is a shop that prints (makes) invitations, business cards, and prints out stuff like church bulletins etc.
Look in the yellow pages of your phone book. Mine was listed under printers and advertised -Business forms, Stationary, Wedding, High Speed Copying, & much more. It is privately owned.
Your local newspaper may even print it out for you.
Our town shop enlarged a photo for me poster size and it did come out pretty darn good. Better than I thought would.

o

OK urlee, Now is understand. I live the in the Washington, DC - Virginia area and surely will find someone.

Glad yours came out so well. That gives me hope.
Thanks for your kindness.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here