Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can This Picture be Changed to Landscape?

Posted by Country_Bumpkin_AL (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 17, 05 at 10:39

I'm doing a Glass Block light for my MIL. I'm putting a picture of her Grandparents on one side and I want to use this one (DH's Dad and siblings) on the back. I need this pic to be a 5" X 7" landscape. Can anyone do that. I've worked on it off and on all morning and I'm not getting anywhere with it. ): I don't care about the background,etc. as long as the Dad and kids show up!

I'm sure PhotoBucket will resize this, but I have it scanned (200dpi) and saved and could email it to someone.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can This Picture be Changed to Landscape?

CB,
The way I understand you is:
You want one picture size 5x7 that has the grandparents on the left side and this picture on the right side?
Yes it can be done but would help if the grandparents Pic was here too get the images to match each other in size.

~Urlee~

o
RE: Can This Picture be Changed to Landscxxxxxxxape?

Oh oh,
I reread your post and find you want this picture to be a 5x7?
The only way I can think of, to keep the proportions correct is to fill the space to the sides or side with something or leave blank?
I will play with it.
I know someone will beat me to it but it will be interesting to have more than one to view here.

~Urlee~

o

If this is what you had in mind,
In PSP8, I go up to File, Print Layout, and drag it on to the sheet and it prints out at 5x7.
A person could do a fancier background but I just wanted to see what and if it could "really" be done? "lol"

~Urlee~

o

Yep...that's what I had in mind!*S* I wouldn't care if some of the "greenery" was eliminated...with more focus of the people. Can that be done?

o

What if you made the portrait in the center and cutouts of each person enlarged on the sides? With a blurred mask around each.

Mike G

o

Just a quickie for you to get another idea to add suggestion?

o

Urlee..I think I'm going to use the 1st pic you did. I've printed it out and works great for what I doing!

Thanks!!!!! I really DO appreciate your time!

o

Holy cow. Urlee you have done it again. What a great job.
Judy

o

Way to go Urlee. WAHOO!
Hiya country bumpkin - glad you got the help you needed.
HUGS
Sue :)

o

Thank you gals but-------
What about this one??????

o

Urlee- you are getting just too clever!! That looks nice.
Judy

o

Great job Urlee! I love the colors in the latest one.

o

Oh Urlee.....that's GREAT!! This one will actually worked better, because the front pic is also in color!! Thank you so much for the time you took doing this! I really do appreciate it!!!

o

My pleasure CB,
I enjoyed every bit of it.
It is good to have something to do. :)

I was thinking of coloring the subject and leaving the background but what colors to use?

~Urlee~

o

Great idea,Urlee! If you want to play around with it some more..go ahead. I haven't started on the back of the block yet (the FRONT is driving me nuts..lol). From color pics I've seen of the kids, I'm betting the little boy on the left (my BIL) has on probaby blue shorts and maybe a lighter blue shirt. The little 'un on the right (my DH) would probably have on something similiar. As for my FIL....I'm thinking maybe gray pants and a white shirt. Anyway you want to do it is fine though...I'm sure my MIL doesn't remember what they all had on the day the pic was taken. (is there anyway to get that pen? pencil? line off my FIL arm and shirt?)

Thanks! I'll take pics and of the block and post them when I'm finished with it!

o

Urlee, what a great job! That turned out wonderful.
Carol

o

Thanks Carol.

CB,
What pencil line???????

"LOL" All fixed! Funny I didn't see that?
I climbed into the computer and erased it!

~Urlee~

o

hey Urlee,
how about cutting the larger kids from the picture and moving them up near the adult's face level, then zooming in on just the torso of the adult, and having the people larger in the photo? that way the field is less of a detractant.
I don't have PS loaded at the moment, but it should not be too difficult.
John

o

John,
That sounds like a brilliant idea!
Hurry and load PSP and join us here.
We all would be happy to have you.
"You may put me out of business" but that's OK."LOL"

~Urlee~

o

Welcome aboard John. Glad to see a man joining us at our table. Looking forward to seeing your work.
Judy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here