Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
PSP question please. Hi Urlee

Posted by dian2 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 6, 08 at 22:26

been a long time since I have visited this board and an even longer time since I used PSP. life got in the way. But I digress. I need some help here. I have PSP 8 (tells ya how long I have been gone) and I am doing a video memorial for a friend. sadly most of the pictures are blurry. some really,really bad. do not think anything can be done about them. she has been sending pics of old album pics and she has tried 3 times and still blurry.
question: can someone give me a site ( most in my favorites no longer exist)that shows how to sharpen and fix up blurry pic in PSP 8
thanks
dian

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: PSP question please. Hi Urlee

Hi dian,

I had so much trouble with PSP8 crashing, that I took it off my computer.

I am sure all PSP's work the same for sharpness in that you go up to Effects, down to Sharpen, over and I choose Unsharp mask because it allows me to choose the strength. Picking Sharpen from that list, tends to over sharpen where it harms the quality.
You may find you can't sharpen your pictures like you would want and only improves them very little.
Sharpen works well, otherwise.
Give it a try and if I can be of any help, feel free to ask.

o
thanks Urlee

thanks for the response. did not think you would remember me after so long.
thanks for the suggestion, I will give it a shot but I am with you in that I do not think much is going to help.
I thought there was a much more involved process to this but guess not.

half my links from long ago are not valid. all those PSP help ones ect.

which PSP are you all using now??

right now I just do not have the time to play catch up. hopefully once the holidays are over, I can get to read and play a little again. with the ecconomy the way it is, I have been working as much as I can

o

Hi dian,
I am still using good ole faithful PSP7.

I have 9 & X but they load so slow because they have more to them and for what I have been using PSP for, I open PSP7 as it is faster and I am so used to where to go for what I need.
I miss the soften tool the others have but I just copy and paste my image in PSP9 to soften then back to PSP7.

o
thanks urlee

well, all the pics I tried to sharpen looked like crap. there are a lot but I did not try them all.either they cannot be fixed or I do not know what I am doing. they will have to remain as is I am afraid. thanks for the help.

o

dian,
I don't think I could ever sharpen blurred photos either but the sharpen effect works and is very valuable in what I do use it for.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here