Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
question for Urlee

Posted by sugar_fl (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 2, 11 at 21:26

Urlee thanks for answering me.
Right now what I want to do is put 3 or 4 graffics on one page. I can't remember how to get the right size. It needs to come out 8 1/2 X 11 to fit on a card stock paper. I used to know but my 75 year old brain can't remember :-(
I'm sure as I go along I'll find new problems but this one will get me going.
Thanks again,
Dar

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: question for Urlee

I am STILL using PSP7 for everything cause it opens faster etc. I didn't put 9 back on here since my reformat but think it is the same as I put here.
The way I have been doing it is:
Open all the graphics you want in PSP.
Go up to File, down to Print Multiple Images and click.
When that opens-------slide your graphics over onto the (8� x 11) paper as you want and resize to what you want them to be by pushing up on the right bottom corner of each.

o

Sorry I'm so long answering. I was pretty discouraged as I couldn't seem to do that with my PSP9.
I finally tried installing my PSP7 & it works in windows 7 :-)
There I figured out how I did it before.
Make a new Paper 8 1/2 X 11. Copy & paste your pixs on that. You have a little more control of what U can do that way.
Some of the things I could do are coming back to me now.
I'm still a long ways from where I was a couple years ago but can do most that I need to do now.. If I can't.. well U & the others here will be hearing from me..
Thanks,
Dar

o
RE ANOTHER: question for Urlee or anyone!

I need to make some backgrounds transparent. The one I want now is a GIF. I used the magic wand & deleted it.. well the white turned to bright yellow which is even worse. Can I & if so how do I make it transparent?
I used to use Adobe PhotoDeluxe 1.0 but it won't load in Windows 7. How do I do it now?
Dar

o

Do you mean you want the background deleted off the picture leaving only the subject you want?
If so, you have to increase color depth to 16 million colors (24 bit) ALWAYS on gifs to make your Tools work properly.
First:
1.Go up to colors
2.Down to "Increase Color Depth" to click on 16 mill.
3.Then you use the magic wand ONLY if your background is a solid color.
4.Go up to Selections, click on Invert
5.Then up to Edit, Copy, and Right click on empty work space and Paste as new Image.
Your background will be "checkered" with only the item you copied.

Lucky I checked back here. Hope not too late.

o

Urlee,
Thank You! Thank You! I did one & it worked good.
It does make it bad when it can only be done on a Gif..
I tried to change a jpg to gif & it doesn't work good.
Well some is better than none :-)
Thanks again,
Dar

o

It does make it bad when it can only be done on a Gif..

Oh no Dar,
You certainly can do that to jpgs. Just do as I said above to remove the background IF it is of a solid color, and if you want that pic to be used to paste onto something else, save it as PSP! If you want to post it on a forum as a gif, then you have to save it as a gif using Animation Shop.
If your background is of mixed colors, then you would have to "trace" around the part you want with the Lasso Tool and copy, paste as new image to get rid of the background.
The reason I told you to do that above was cause you mentioned it was a gif. If it was a jpg. no need to change to 16 mill cause jpgs already are.
If you save as jpg, you will always get a white background. If you save as a gif once transparent, it will save only the graphic. If you save as PSP, you can copy it and paste it onto anything you want before you save it as a none transparent jpg. etc.

o

Did I do something wrong? as U can see it needs a lot of cleaing up. I only did it to one letter. I also put it on the blue background so we can see what was done. I didn't plan on using this pix as I have already used it once on white background.. next pages will be a tailgate party we had (inside) & Thanksgiving we just had for the building.
Dar

o

Dar,
It depends on what the background was and what you did for me to be able to answer correctly.
For the white spaces showing, you should hold down on the Shift key on your keyboard while you click in the center of each with the magic wand. Then you will get the "dancing ants" in ALL that gets deleted at once. Also if when using the Selection Tool,"Modify" to contact before the final copy will get closer to the part you want.

o

Have you ever made your own graphic without the background saving it as a Gif?

Photobucket

Did this in PSP9. Wow, sure is completely different from PSP7.

o
RE: question for Urleexxxxxx

Tailgate Party?? (smiles)

Photobucket Save as GIF

o

Thanks for the pix..I'll save them as I'm sure I'll be able to use them soon.
Right now I'm working on our Thanksgiving dinner & I'll take more pix tonite at our game night.

I do have another question.. How do I make the eraser smaller. The JPGS still seem to need some cleaning up & need a tiny eraser to do it.
Some of what I had known is coming back as I do more.

I am using PSP 7 more than 9 as I can size better there. I do have to correct darkness in PSP 9 as I can use the ADJUST--1 STEP FIX & don't know how to do that in PSP 7.

I used to do TUTS & all but don't have time now. I also have lost all my filters :-( I had a lot of them. I don't need them to do this Memory book for our senior Apts.

I'm going out as treasure in January & will be just historian then. I'm just filling in for historian till Jan.
I'm not sure which is the hardest though :-)
Without your help it would have been very hard...THANKS
Dar

o

I do have another question.. How do I make the eraser smaller.

Click on the Eraser Tool, go to Tool Options which should be on your work screen same as Layer Palette and choose your size to use. If it isn't there, go to View, ToolBars and check Tool Options Palette from the list.

I do have to correct darkness in PSP 9 as I can use the ADJUST--1 STEP FIX & don't know how to do that in PSP 7.

In PSP7, go up to Color, Adjust, over to Brightness/Contrast. Watch the change in the right window to see where you want it. You can move the graphic in that window to a part that shows better.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here