Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seeking help to kill Elements 3.0 Organizer

Posted by Shirley (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 5, 05 at 21:16

I don't need this nifty, but now extremely bloated (with over 1,000 of my photos), feature of Elements. I did not put these photos into the Organizer, Elements put them there for me. I have a good file system for my photos and can quickly scoot around to locate what I want. However, the Organizer has caused the system to become quite sluggish, is giving me fits, and I want it removed. Grrrrhh!!!

I have the Missing Manual for Elements 3.0 and it has the following suggestion: "Goto the Program files for Elements and rename the .exe file for the Organizer so that Elements can't find it." The next step is: "Make a shortcut to the Editor.exe file and use that to launch Elements in the future."

My first problem is that I cannot locate either the Organize .exe file, nor the Editor .exe file for Elements! I went to Program Files-Adobe-Elements 3.0, and have searched through all of the files under Adobe, with zero results.

I would be so appreciative if anyone could help!
Thanks,
Shirley

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seeking help to kill Elements 3.0 Organizer

Shirley,
Are you using WinXP?
Did you click on Start, Search, click on All Files and folders, and type in the name of what you want to find?

~Urlee~

o
RE: Seeking help to kill Elements 3.0 Organizer

Hi Urlee, yes I had done the search...that's why this is so darned frustrating!
Thanks anyway! ;D

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here