Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
can't open up psp images in as

Posted by Elly1 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 12, 05 at 20:06

Hi,
Whenever I try to open a graphic saved as as a PSPimage in Animation Shop I get this message:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I know it must be somewhere in Preferences, but I don't know just where....
This has been happening for some time now, and it is getting annoying...
Thanks for any help any of you smart people can provide!!
Elly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: can't open up psp images in as

Elly, when you save your image, are you choosing the .psp file that is at the top of the dropdown list, it will say animation next to it. If you save it as a regular psp image it won't open in ani shop. Hope this helps, if not holler and I will do a screen shot for you. Deb

o

Hi Deb,
This is how I am saving it - it is not at the top of the drop down list so I think I am dong something when I save it in the first place!
I hope this screenshot will help!
Should I be saving it in Animation Shop? I am using PSP8 by the way.
(I think I'll try that!
Thanks,
Elly

o

That's the only thing I don't like about PSP8 and PSPX is worse! You can't open PSPX images in 8 or 7!

Urlee

o

Thanks Urlee - it was Elly that asked the question, but I had the same problem. I heard that once before and forgot.....so glad I was lurking and learned again. These Sr. moments are getting closer and closer together.

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

o

Hee hee, Sorry about that Elaine but you must have been on my mind?

Love your siggie.

~Urlee~

o

Well folks,
This is what I did:
I saved it Animation Shop(psp) as you said Urlee (although your screen shot seems to be gone this morning), and it opened in Animation Shop with an extra frame.
Maybe I should back up here and tell you I am doing this tut:

the noise tut I am trying

Well, it looked awful, so I deleted the extra frames (there were 4 images) and this is how it looks now: I am not displeased.
Please folks, try to be patient with me as I am obviously just beginning...LOL

o

Urlee - This is a fun site to play with.

http://www.glittermaker.com/index.php?imageText=Urlee&loadFont=Grand Stylus&textColor=3C27F5&textSize=50&textAngle=0

Just go and play - change the text, the color, the font and size - here is one I made for you.
Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Enjoy!

o

Elly,
I just did that tute to see what it was about.

Did you have a blank frame inbetween each name in animation shop?

Before saving, did your layers look like this?

Mine did, so I went back and to each saved image, I right clicked on the floating layer, chose Promote Selection to Layer.
Then I went up to Selections, Select none, Layers, Merge visible----Then I saved as image 1.
Do the same to the rest. The key was to merge visible before saving.

Hope that does it for you.
~Urlee~

o
RE: can't open up psp images in as0000000

Oh how nice Elaine,
Thank you. I will save that tag and take a lookie!
I was working on Elly's problem while you snuck that in.

o
RE: can't open up psp images in astesting

Hee hee.

How'd you get it to show without all the added words?
I had to remodel it in PSP.

o
RE: can't open up psp images in asAGAIN

Elly,
ALSO, Instead of saving each one to have to open in AS using the wizard just:

Right click on floating selections in the layer palette, Promote Selection to Layer > Selections, Select none > Right click image, Copy merged > Go to Animation Shop and Right click work area, & Paste as new Animation for the first one.
The rest, you do the same thing, only in AShop, you go up to Edit, and Paste After Current Frame.
Then test the animation and save it.

o

Urlee,
Yes, I did have a blank frame between each frame in Animation Shop - So I simply went in and deleted the four blank frames and this is what I have:
I'll try it your way next time....
Thank you all for your help - I'm really having fun here!!

o

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner Elly, but Urlee came to the rescue! thanks for the glitter link Urlee, that is fun to play with.
[URL=http://www.GlitterMaker.com/][IMG]http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created/1656099.gif[/IMG][/URL]

o

OK,
I think I'm getting better at this. Now this is what it looks like when I do it following Urlee's excellent instructions:
Personally I don't see too much difference (maybe I will as time goes on)

o

It's the same Elly but if it was merged before saving which is "according to Hoyle", if you get what I mean, then you wouldn't get those blank frames inbetween in AS.
No harm done but can confuse a person if they didn't know deleting the blanks could fix it like you did.
I think the tutor forgot the step about merging unless her image was not floating like ours?
Anyway, I like the fact I don't have to save each one and re-open later to animate by following the steps I posted above.

Deb, That link came from darling Elaine.

o
RE: can't open up psp images in asxxxxxxxxx

Is this what you were after Deb?

But as you know, they have their John Henry on it.
Don't know if we are allowed to erase it but I did?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here