Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Day 34

Posted by jacksmum (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 2, 05 at 20:05

LOL I've attached the tutorial. Santa SHOULD be animated as he goes through the houses but I gave up.
HUGS
Have Fun
Sue :)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Opps

Sorry Folks I thought I had added it.
Here's the link for the Santa Tutorial

Here is a link that might be useful: santa tut

o
RE: Day 34

That is cute, Sue. Thanks for posting the tutorial. I'll give it a shot later tonight.
Teri

o

Sue that is darling!
Will have to look and see what you got me into.

I tried a tutorial yesterday that drove me wild! (can't figure it out). I don't even know where I got it from as I printed it out to follow a couple of weeks ago. I learned the hard way to remember to put the URL on the tute.
Remind me to send it to you if ever I have a payback? "LOL"
Thanks,
~Urlee~

o

WHEW!!! I'm sweating bullets. Took me awhile to realize she was calling the picture Nick and not meaning the pictures of Saint Nick! haha

o

That's neat judy!
Now I will have to give it a try.

~Urlee~

o

OK guys!
Leave it to me to not be able to do it!
I told you it is time for me to resign!

I can't even type my name using St Nicholas!!!!!!!
I thought it was PSP7's fault so I went to PSP8 and same thing!
BLANK when typing my name?
I have the pattern for background?
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I opened the font, it only shows numbers 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 60, & 72?

~Urlee~

o

If you hi-lite the number you can type in 150 or any number. Not sure what to tell you as far as not seeing the type.
Judy

o

Yes Judy, I know that for size but look what St Nic shows up as: NOTHING!

o

That is weird. Try downloading it again and see if that helps. Thats all I can think of. Maybe someone else will pop in and be able to help. You said it only showed certain numbers is why I told you how to add 150. Figured you knew how to do that.

o

This tut is too advanced for me. I have trouble following her. I need pictures to show me what she's talking about! LOL. Oh well, I did try.
Teri

o

o

When I open the font on my desktop I have those numbers too but thats weird the font isn't showing up when you try and type using it.

o

Very strange Urlee sorry I can't suggest anything to help :(

Judy - FANTASTIC

Teri - Don't feel bad, I couldn't do it either. LOL mine is missing the white bevel part and the moving Santa. LOL

HUGS

o

That was way more than I could deal with right now. I just did a simple versin..Lazy me.
Bev

o

I didn't do the bevel part either.
Nice job Sue + Bev.
Judy

o

Those are terrific, gals!

Hey Sue-----How come you didn't come up with the idea I just did -------and it worked!!!!!!
Course it is bright and "Urlee" at 4AM so I am fresh yet to think a little but I don't know about being able to figure out that tute cause I skimmed through it last night and?????
But if Judy could then?????? uhummmmmm? (no offense J):)

Anyhow, My idea that popped into my so called head, was----------------Try downloading the font on "Ole Faithful" (my old win98 computer) and if it takes, thumbdrive it to WinXP.
YAY! We are in business now? Good or Bad? I may have to resign from PSP tutes but not the computer yet! (Can still run it). :)

~Urlee~

o

WHEW!
Didn't get it quite right but will post it anyhow!

o

Way to go Santa or I mean Urlee!!
Judy

o

I don't know how many times I've started over on this tut. More times than I can count. This is the best I can do. I must have done something wrong previously because I can't figure out how to get him behind the letters. Also, I have forgotten how to slow him down.
Teri

o

WOW I'm impressed
TERI you got MUCH further than I did - i just am not a patient person.

URLEE I salute you. Great Work.

BEV I really like your HO HO HO.

o

Thank you Sue,
Yes, didn't Bev come up with a darling idea?

Teri, You did great. How many hairs do you have left on your head?
I had to buy a wig!
You did better than I did when I was about to call it quits!
I didn't know what she meant half the time. It wasn't 'til I switched to PSP 8 and towards the end of the tute, that I discovered the COPYMERGED!!!! Can you imagine of how long I have been using PSP, I never came across that feature? I just now checked to see if PSP7 has it. I didn't know what she meant by that 'til I accidently saw it after I experimented my own way of getting that santa in AniS like I knew it should be.
AND----in PSP7, the stars don't show up and I was confused there!
I also wondered what she meant by "replace" in the lasso step? Found it in PSP8 but wanted to know why? Couldn't find the answer so I seen what it does. Makes the ants hug the letter when you click on the letter. If you want to know one of the stupid things that confused me was, she said to lasso each of the letters but didn't "hold my hand" and tell me-----oh, I am not going to tell you what I thought and did. For sure you would choke on your coffee.
After struggling through for the ( ) time, coming up with the above, I plan on doing it over armed this time.

:) ~Urlee~

o

Thanks for the compliments ladies.
Urlee, I discovered copy merged by accident also. I had the most problems with the first part. I got messed up in the layers. I guess that's why I couldn't get my Santa behind the layers. Where she wanted us to lasso each letter promote them to layers, was each letter suppose to have it's own layer? Maybe it's just me but I don't think she explained very well and pictures would have helped. I was ready to tear my hair out too. LOL.
Teri

o

I'm with you on that one Teri.
I too am one who is lost without a picture here and there!
Yes, Each letter has it's own layer.
The part that threw me also was what she said about the vector layer, which I had, and the flood fill? I flood filled the snow on the roof in that step.
She did say it was for the advanced which means you have to be a mind reader!
I better do it again before I forget how I did it.

~Urlee~

o

Hey Urlee when you redo it can you write out step by step instructions in english so I can try again?
LOL

o
RE: Day 34-------

I will try sweetheart.

~Urlee~

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here