Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help... Jasc took over opening pictures

Posted by sapphires (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 4, 07 at 19:19

Hi,
Just installed Jasc PSP 7 and it has taken over opening my pictures. How can I get it to go back to whatever was opening them prior to this installation? Thank you. MS Windows XP Home Ed. Ver 5.1.2600 IE 7.0

Sapphires

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help... Jasc took over opening pictures

Can you right click on one of the pictures and scroll down to properties and where it says "opens with" click on it and browse to whatever program you used before to open then and then click ok or apply or whatever is there.
Hope that helps.
Judy

o

Judy,
Yes, I checked and I can do what you suggest. However I would have to go into each picture folder and do each pic seperately to open with (whatever I choose). How can I do the whole folder to my liking? Once changed will it stip any future pics form opening with Jasc? Thank you.

Sapphires

o

Hi Sapphires,

- Open My Documents
- Click on Tools
- Click on Folder Options
- Click the last tab; File Types
- Scroll down to .JPE, .JPEG, .JPG
- Highlight the first one
- Near the bottom of the window it will tell you the name of the program that it opens with
- Click Change & select the program that you want to open your pics
- Make sure there is a check mark by "Always use this program etc"
- Click Okay
- Repeat these steps for the other 2 jpg extensions

Hope this helps... : ))

FlutteringBy

o

FlutteringBy,
Just the way I want it!

Thanks to both of you for replying.

Sapphires

o
Program To Restore Color To Old Photos?

I wish to scan some old, but faded, color photos. I've heard a computer program exists that will restore the colors automatically while scanning. It's supposed to be good at it. Seems it was connected with Epson but am not sure. Does anyone know what the program or programs might help? Thanks, Gene

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here