Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Help Getting Outline in This Pic

Posted by Country_Bumpkin_AL (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 8, 05 at 9:08

I'm trying to do this for my son. I want to remove ALL the grayish areas so it'll be just black/white. NO gray areas at all (like a coloring book page).

I have PSP 7 and I remember doing something like this.....but it's been a couple of years since I did it. I've just recently installed PSP on this computer, so it's new to me (again)! lol

Can someone give me SIMPLE instructions on how to do it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Help Getting Outline in This Pic

Try using the magic wand - tolerance about 20 and no feather.
Click on all the black lines - hold the shift key as you click to get all the lines - delete key if you make a mistake.
Now go SELECTIONS - INVERT
Press delete (keyboard).
You should just have the black outline now with no shaded area.

Hope this helps.
Sue :)

o

You mean like this?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

There has got to be an easier way to do it but I don't know of it right now.
I lasso'd and deleted each block. :)

o

Yep..just like that! lol

I was trying to follow Jacksmum's instructions, but still trying to figure out where I'm suppose to set the tolerance! I'm soooo much a dummy when it comes to PSP!

Urlee..can you tell me exactly how you did it? I don't know (or remember) a thing about the tools and how to use them.

Thanks!!

o
RE: Need Help Getting Outline in This PicXX

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

~Urlee~ :)

o
RE: Need Help Getting Outline in This Pic00000

Forgot to add-----After you click around each box, you right click to make the marching ants come so it is selected to delete.

~Urlee~

o
RE: Need Help Getting Outline in This Pic??

Thanks again!!!

o

LOL Use Urlee's way it's much easier!!

I didn't have time to check my instructions before writing them so I just did it then and it's a bit fiddly and the lines aren't a clear and crisp as Urlee's so ignore my instructions.

HUGS
Sue :)

o

Sue,
For one, it will work but I'd hate to have to do it my way for a bunch as it is time consuming and your patience tested."lol"

Like I say, there must be a better way but off hand, that is what I came up with.

:) ~Urlee~

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here