Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
photo help are you there Joy?

Posted by Elaine_Canada (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 16, 05 at 23:38

Sue suggested if I begged, maybe you would give me some advice on the photo I've been playing with. My first try is at the bottom of day 18.

I have cut the lady in navy shorts out of one picture and put her in this photo. She obviously was in brighter sunlight and sticks out like a sore thumb. I cut her out again after Urlee and Sue told me what to do, and did a better job of that, but the color is still off.

Do you have any suggestions?
Elaine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: photo help are you there Joy?

Joy I'm looking forward to your reply too.

I played with the picture and couldn't get the coloring right so I'm really curious as to how it can be done.

My first thought was playing with the levels but I wasn't sucessful there either
Sue :)

o

First of all,
Shame on you Sue for miss leading Elaine into thinking she has to Beg for Joy's help! :)

In PSP7, I used to use the manual color correction with pleasing results.
I just found it "hidden" in PSPX and placed it on my bar.
PSP8 has it by clicking on adjust, color balance.

~Urlee~

o

Elaine, email me both pictures and I will see what I can do (include which PSP version you are using). I will try and keep track of my workflow and share it. No promises that it will be an improvement.

My first thought is, the group picture could stand to be brightened a little before adding the cutout.

Try this tutorial for the cutout.
This is a video, you will need to double click on 'Maximize' window (of the video) to enlarge it. There are 4 parts.

Making a Cutout

Joy

o

What a great tut Joy, I would love to let Ken (the author) know, but can't find anywhere on the site to do that.
Carol

o

Joy I have e-mailed the pictures to you. Thank you for coming to my rescue, whatever you do will be better than where I was stuck.

Your first thought about brightening the original group photo hadn't occurred to me. I did that just now and can't believe the difference.

That tutorial is fantastic! I'm going to practice the cutout work tonight. I know it would be a pain, but maybe when you have time, you could post photo manipulation tutorials for us all to practice on. Personally, I am not terribly interested in making photos look like paintings etc., but I have tons of old photos that need improvement.
I would love to see a list of tutorials to fix up old photos etc.

Thank you for your offer to help me, and you have already.

Elaine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here