Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Scanner Recommendation

Posted by krikit (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 20, 11 at 21:27

I've been trying to decide which flatbed scanner to purchase - I want a scanner only, and have been looking at Canon, Epson, and HP in say the $75 to $100 range - wouldn't mind going a little over if it was a really good scanner. I'm hoping to scan old 35mm prints. I had an HP scanner for several years and liked it, but my old computer died and when I got a new one with windows7 it doesn't work with it. So, I'm looking for a new scanner - considered another HP but read reviews that the software is terrible. Thanks in advance!

Frances

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Scanner Recommendation

Hi krikit,
I am an Epson person myself.
I was using scanner only but recently purchased an all in one which now serves me well for the scanning part.
The other one did have the option of doing negatives and slides but I didn't go into that.

o
RE: Scanner Recommendation

I realize that this posting is two years old, but I wanted to share my input/advice/experience for anyone else who happens to be shopping for a flatbed scanner!

The Canon CanoScan LiDE 210 is the best photo and document scanner I've ever used. It bought it on sale from Newegg.com for $90 about 18 months ago and I love it. It's thin and light enough to fit in my laptop bag with my 14" laptop AND it is powered by the USB connection that it uses to transfer data.

It's awesome.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here