Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best photo editing program?

Posted by lejardin_oregon (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 24, 07 at 19:35

I need some outside imput PLEASE. I am an artist on ebay, and my photos are very important to selling my items. I currently am using "Microsoft Picture it" to edit my images.(it came with my 4 yr old computer). I am shopping for a EASY program, but would like a few more options, not just a beginner program. I have been looking at ArcSoft Photo Studio. Not sure if this is what I want. I need to make sure that I can save the images to my window picture file, so they can be uploaded to my web host.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Debbi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best photo editing program?

I find Paint Shop Pro to do the most and be the best.
Carol

o

Hi Debbi,
This is a good free one - and has great plugins to go with it

I also love Paint shop Pro, but it is not free - it has a rather steep learning curve but you can get great results with it.....

Here is a link that might be useful: Irfanview

o

Photoshop CS3 Extended is the absolute best photo editing program available, hands down. It costs $1000 and is aimed at graphic arts and video professionals.

There is a light version called Photoshop Elements. It will run you about $100 and includes all you need to edit your photo's for Ebay.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photoshop Product Family

o

I'm an old Photoshop user, by far the best!
Followed by Paint Shop Pro... mucho less bucks.
On the old laptop the free version of the PhotoFiltre proram sure is a nice freeware.
Sort of a scalled down verson of good stuff!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here