Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Photoshop 6.0 Color Pencil or Marker effect

Posted by funcolors (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 27, 05 at 17:15

I have to do several renderings of interior commercial spaces. I would like them to look as if they could have been done with colored pencil or markers.

I've come up with two methods so far. One treats the whole image at one time and a lot of the details gets mushed together, the other involves cutting paths inside ALL of the black outlines and shapes of the rendering - very time consuming.

Any one have any tips on how to accomplish this in an efficient manner?

Thanks so much,
Lori

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Photoshop 6.0 Color Pencil or Marker effect

Lori,
I am sorry to say I don't have the answer to your question and it looks like others don't either but hang in there, maybe someone will come along with help who uses Photo Shop.
We mostly use PSP Pro on here.

~Urlee~

o

I'm sure you have tried something like this:
I have PhotoShop Elements (not PhotoShop)and went into Filters>Artistic>colored pencils (I did the whole picture however, and I know you are interested in something a little more complicated than that.
Here is what I have just done with a picture of a local hotel:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(original picture)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(Using colored pencil filter)

You can probably find a few PhotoShop forums on the web - maybe I can find something for you..
Elly
(PS, I hope these pictures are not too big for you...they fit my screen just fine)

o
RE: Photoshop 6 Color Pencil or Marker effect

Here is a good link...
They even have an excellent forum...
PhotoShop Cafe
Elly

o

You guys are awesome. Thank you so much for your help. I will check out the info. Photoshop Elements has always been of interest. I just may have to check that out too.

Thanks,
Lori

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here