Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Day 18

Posted by fun2golf (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 13, 05 at 12:29

Sorry I wasn't on yesterday..My golf day and am usually tired when I get home, plus had to watch the ball game.
This isn't much, but thought I had better do something. Maybe can do something better later.
Bev
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Day 18

Hi Bev, and every one....

I'm not ignoring you, I have been watching and enjoying the posts. Sorry, I don't have anything to add. I don't work on animation, signatures or tags. I only work on Photos.

Finally got PSPX installed, so far, so good.

Old one I did years ago....

o

Anything goes Bev! That is neat.

Welcome to the club, Joy, :) Cute!
Be sure and post your feelings on PSPX.

Did this last night but was soooo busy on another project, almost missed posting it.

o

I haven't been able to come up with anything too great. Threw this together a few mintues ago so I would have something to post!! haha

o

I think everones graphic look great.

Joy, I'm interested in working with photpgraphy and would love it if you would post your work. Maybe I'll start to learn something. Here is something I was working on. I was trying to blend two images. I'm not really happy with it but am not sure what I need to do to improve it.

o

Anything and everything is welcome on here. We all enjoy seeing whatever you want to post.
Bev

o

Hi ladies - I'm also interested in learning all I can about photo manipulation etc. Probably start with just the basic stuff. This is a picture I worked on last week and am not satisfied with it either.

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

I took the lady from the very right hand side in the white tee shirt and navy shorts, out of a different picture and put her in this one, where she was the only team member missing. Now she sticks out like a sore thumb, so I have to figure out what to do with her.
Elaine

o

WOW!!! Those are both great!!
Judy

o

Well now thanks Judy, but poor lady in the navy and white - her
right arm looks choppy - maybe someone will tell me how to correct that. Went around her with the freehand selection tool and then used the background eraser....tedious to say the least. But she doesn't quite look natural to me, even though I resized her and tried to make her fit in.

Elaine

o

Love seeing everyone's work. Great job everyone! Haven't done much with photos, sooner or later tho when i get done playing with all the sig tag tuts and learn to do some animations better. Did this one today:
Deb

o

It looks very good to me Elaine..Which one are you?
come on, don't keep us guessing.
Bev

o

LOL - I figured someone would ask - I'm not even in the picture and I only know one lady, my friend who belongs to another club. She took a picture of the team (with the lady in the navy shorts and white top missing that day) so she sent me two pictures and asked if I could put her in the pictures. Sorry to disappoint you - I'm just not there!
Elaine

o

Great Work
Elaine when you cut her out did you make sure antialias was ticked? That can stop the jagged look and so does setting the feather to about 2 BEFORE cutting.

If you wanna email me the pic I'll have a play too although if you want it done properly try begging Joy as she does awesome work.

Sue :)

o

her
right arm looks choppy - maybe someone will tell me how to correct that. Went around her with the freehand selection tool and then used the background eraser..

Like Sue said, after you trace around, go up to Selections, Modify, Feather. Sometimes I have to use 7.
Be careful with the eraser tool at what the hardness is set at. Can give it a choppy look.

~Urlee~

o

Thanks for the critiques and advice as I knew there just had to be a way to make it better. Now I have something to play with again on this rainy day! I didn't do anything that either one of you mentioned.......just went around and cut her out of the other picture, but I'll give her another try (and I'll make notes for another time).
Elaine

o

Well - here is my new try with the photo. She isn't as choppy - but she still isn't the right color somehow. The original picture with her was taken in brighter sunlight I'm sure and she still doesn't look natural to me here.

Any suggestions to correct this? I'd really like to get this right. Elaine

I'm taking you up on your offer Sue and sending you the pictures now.
Elaine

o

Joy graciously took the time to work on this photo for me, and sent it to my personal address. She said I was welcome to post it if I chose - didn't she do a fabulous job on it?

I knew that you would all want to see what Joy produced. I am indebted to her for her time.

Elaine

o

Wow! That looks great, Joy. She looks like she was always in the picture.
Teri

o

Great Job Joy!
Carol

o

WOW! Joy!
You did a magnificent job!
Thanks for sharing, Elaine.

~Urlee~

o

HOLY COW!! Great job Joy.
Judy

o

Wow, Joy you are really good at that! Hmm, imagine the possibilities. lol
Deb

o

Joy now you know why we ask for your help so often - you're so darn good.
Great Work
HUGS
Sue :)

Elaine - I'm glad you were able to get it done.

o

I sure hope that Joy see this......she is soooo good. I hope some day she will have the time to post a lot of tuts, so the rest of us "wannabe's, will be able to try out for photo restoration.

She knows more than I ever hope to.........but I can dream!
Elaine

o

Hi Good Group, thank you, for the kind words, I appreciate your encouragement. It was fun working on Elaine's picture.

After, I did the color corrections etc, and was ready to cutout the lady.....

First, I used the 'Point to Point' selection, doing the best I could....but not perfect. Then I used 'Selection edit' using the black and white paint to perfect it.

Doing some these things and writing a tutorial is, two different things. Most of the time, I stumble through a project and would not be able to repeat it on a bet :-)

Joy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here