Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tape to CD or SD card

Posted by davestexas (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 23, 12 at 23:21

Some years ago I found an old 8mm movie of family taken back in the 50s. Had it transferred to VHS tape. Made the mistake of sending the master copy to my father who decided to put voice-over audio explanations of the different scenes/people. Doing so worked, but also made a mess of audio 'noise'. I'm wondering if there is a way to clean-up that audio 'noise'? I'd like to then transfer that tape to CDs or SD cards. The tape is less than 10min in length.
What type of place should I look for? The business that did the original transfer from film to tape went out of business long ago.
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tape to CD or SD card

If you have the original 8mm, it is worth getting it converted to a digital format so that it can be put on a DVD or SD card. The quality is a lot better and you cna then edit it pretty easily on a computer.

Where in Texas are you? I know places in San Antonio that do good work.

o

Thanks for the reply. I don't have the 8mm film in my possession, but I'm fairly sure I can get it back. I'm outside of Austin 20mi.

o

I am in San Antonio and used:

http://www.matsonmultimedia.com/

They did excellent work.

There should be places in austin that do the same service. I googled and found:

http://www.accessvideophoto.com/Home_Video_Services/Film_Transfers/film_transfers.html#FILM

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here