Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What program for photo editing.....

Posted by justlinda (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 24, 10 at 22:39

I'm looking for a fairly simple program/software that will allow me "play" with my pictures....e.g. crop/enlarge, paint backgrounds, border, write text...etc.

Any suggestions?

p.s. a free download would be nice :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What program for photo editing.....

Paint.Net is an excellent program for photo editing and it's free.

Here is a link that might be useful: get paint

o

Google "Photoscape" is a free program that is very powerful and extremely user friendly.

It is a completely free download, not one of those 30 day trials or one of those that drives you nuts with popups to buy their upgrade.

I shoot about 500 photos a day and I have two professional editing programs but I find that photoscape is the one I use most often.

Just put the word "Photoscape" on your search bar and it will take you to a free download site.

o

If your looking for something easy I use online Image editor
It has many features, its free too with no download.

Here is a link that might be useful: image editor

o

you may want to try PhotoStudio. It has same functions like PhotoShop but much easier to edit photos with and more economical in price.
Either you're win or mac user, PhotoStudio has both version known as photo editor mac and windows photo editor.

Here is a link that might be useful: image editing software

o

I use irfanview and I like it very much. It is recommended in the computer help forum.

o

My old standby comes on every computer. MS-PAINT. Quite simple and versatile. (Hit START, All Programs, Accessories, and there is PAINT.) Make a shortcut link on your desktop.
Also nice is the Original version of PSP. Offered as a trial, it never expires. Free download.

Here is a link that might be useful: PSP DOWNLOAD

o

Learn photoshop, it will prove usefull all your life.
Or you can use online paint but its limited.

o

Def. Photoshop though not free. Once you learn it, you won't live without it as far as photo editing is concerned.

o

I use Irfanview (irfanview.com) for quickies

And for the extensive editing, The GIMP! High powered and FREE. I've done head-to-head comparisons between the GIMP and Photoshop and no one can look at the final picture and tell which software was used.

o

Just found this thread while looking for GW's tutorial on how to post pictures. What a joke. Anyhow, thought I'd ask if I am in the dark ages using Google's Picasa? No one has mentioned it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here