Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have been a lurker...but need suggestions

Posted by juanital (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 20, 06 at 22:34

1st of all I'd like to say there is just some awesome work done here by everyone, something I haven't even touched on...I know basic editing, only...

My question is can someone help me in this project...Only today did I cut and paste this on the branch photo...I have always wanted to do this but, well you can see what I'm asking...I didn't really choose this as a real project but wanted to see if could take part of photo and put on another one...Would you be able to guide me through basic steps as how to blend this together...Any suggestions, guidance would be appreciated much...Oh I forgot to maention I have Vicman's Photo editng program, which I had won...I hear it's like caveman type program, but I think it has basic stuff like PSP or any of the others...I did make a big effort trying to learn and am familiar with the tools just don't know how to apply...Also have Paint.Net, I can do some basics...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thank you in advance...
Juanita

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have been a lurker...but need suggestions

Hiya Juanita
Have a look at this tutorial and see if it helps:
http://www.pinoy7.com/psptutorials/7/blendingphotos/p1.shtml

The trick is to work on layers so you can change PART of the picture without affecting the whole of it.

Sue :)

o

Do U mean something like this?

o

Wow - that's looking so much better. You can probably move his head and place it away from the branch that is in front of his face, if you choose. That's quite a picture already!
Elaine

o

Urle...Yes, That's it....Oh please do describe how you did it...
Jacksmum, thank you much for the link...I haven't yet checked it out, but I am going to...I'm running between gardening and reading on here, today...

Thank you all for your responses....Any thing else that anybody could add would be soooo welcomed...

Juanita

o

Elaine, I had to cover up a flaw I was too lazy to fix. "LOL"

Juanita, I just made it up from my experience with PSP.
The Url Sue gave you is really the way to do it but I did not have your two pictures to work with so I tried using the one you posted here for an example.
The steps were not according to Hoyle.
The trick is tracing around the image you want to paste on using Modify,Feather.
But----If you do not have PSP?

Urlee

o
RE: Have been a lurker...but need suggestionsxxxxx

OK Elaine????? "LOL"

o

LOLOL Bet that hurts! The branch is right in his eye. You are such a bully Urlee.
LOL
Sue :)

o

Oh no,
Not U too Sue? Always picking on me? "LOL"

This OK Sue?

Urlee

o

Urlee - You won't believe this, but I actually read the message so fast, I thought Juanital had accomplished this herself. I might have known you would have jumped in here and helped her. So glad you took the branch out of his eye, lol.

Without the original pictures, you sure did a great job!
Elaine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here