Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I Need A Quality Picture/Document Scanner?

Posted by candler (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 19, 09 at 18:38

I have a lot of pictures and documents I'd like to leave the children. I'd like to put them in on CD's. Some are faded; black and white; odd sized; and so on. I think it's about time I begin working at it.

I have an HP OfficeJet scanner. I have the Jasc Photo processor. I have Nero for burning. I've enhanced a few faded pictures/documents in the past and was impressed. But what I have has been around for at least six years. It's probably considered old technology.

I'm wondering what might be on the market that is better, and especially user friendly. Any suggestions and/or ideas appreciated. Thanks, Gene

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I Need A Quality Picture/Document Scanner?

Hi Gene,
I have an Epson scanner I bought in 2006 that scans well and allows me to do several things before scanning.
It acted up on me one day and my thinking it broke, ordered an all in one Epson/printer/scanner.
The all in one scans much faster and of course has a feature different from the 2006 in that when it scans to the file I choose, when done, it opens that file up for me to find the scanned picture where the other one scans to the file and I have to locate the file to open up to find my picture.
Otherwise they all scan as good. It's just the features that change if any.
I do all my sizing and fixing in a separate software program called PSP7 and or PSP9.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here