Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Adding photos, or is it just me?

Posted by gnancy (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 25, 13 at 11:02

I'm pretty new to this, and I've added photos, but it seems like whatever I'm doing, all the photos come out huge. I've tried to look for an answer and tried to resize, but must be missing something/doing something wrong. Is it just the nature of this or is it me that everything seems to come out so big? (I think I may have added something that didn't come out so big, but can't figure out why it was/what I did different.)

This post was edited by gnancy on Wed, Sep 25, 13 at 11:22

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Adding photos, or is it just me?

It's not you, it's the way the gardenweb uploader is written.

It resizes whatever you upload to a width of 640px.

The problem as I see it, is that the image gets resized to 640px width regardless of whether or not it needs it. Even a very small image gets blown up(and possibly distorted) when it didn't really need resized in the first place.

It seems that the only way around it for now it to host the image on a third party image hosting site such as Photobucket, ImageShack, or other.

I'm a do-it-yourselfer so host my own. Here's a tall skinny toothpick hosted by myself:

and the same toothpick hosted by gardenweb, prepare to scroll :)

o
RE: Adding photos, or is it just me?

Thanks, chuggerguy; now, all I can say is--

This post was edited by gnancy on Wed, Sep 25, 13 at 19:42

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here