Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8

Posted by marthapartha (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 6, 05 at 17:31

I can't figure that software out. No wonder it was free with the computer purchase.
Has anyone had experience with this software?
I was trying to change background colors as part of the tutorial, and I followed instructions and I made a layer and then what?
It left me in mid air.
Should I just uninstall this program?

Or, has anyone found it useful?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8

Martha, this is a wonderful program!!! I just purchased it a few months ago, and I am so addicted to it, I can't stay off the computer. lol If you do a search for beginners tutorials, for psp there are a lot of really good ones out there. It is a pretty extensive program, so it does take a little while to learn. Keep trying and if you have problems or questions, there is a lot of good help here. Also you might want to join a group, there are lots of them too, great people and very helpful. Good luck.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o

Glad to hear it.
I have too many programs that seem to go no where, that came with the computer and photo printers.

Arcsoft 5.5
Adobe Album 2.0 starter edition
Easy Photoprint
Scansoft
Microsoft Office Picture Manager
and so on and on.
I will give it a go again.

marf

o

Marf, here are a couple of PSP forums that might be helpful.
You will have to sign-up to be able to post (free). You can read the threads, without signing-up.

PSPUG (PaintShop Pro Users Group)

Raven's Paint Shop Pro

Joy

o

PSP 8 is the best thing I've ever owned! It is absolutely amazing! I've had it since October 2003 and it's become my main hobby (making graphics). The possibilities are endless. The best way by far to learn it is to just find tutorials on the internet and do them. Trial and error is how you learn to use the program. The undo button and command history are magic. You can make an infinite # of mistakes and just undo them with those.

Try out a bunch of different tutorials; join a graphics group like Kat Korner; or just open up a canvas and start doodling.

o

I've added them all to favorites...thank you much.
Maybe even I can do something with this program.
marf

o

hi Marf
I don't want to overwhelm you with too many links but thought this might be a good place to get you started on the tutorials.
I still use Paintshop 7 but most tutorials can be used in either and if you run into any problems or have questions just post the tutorial you are working on here and I'm sure we will be able to give you a hand. It's fun learning together
Sue :)

Designs by Joy

Here is a link that might be useful: Designs by Joy

o

I think this is terrific.

I'm one of the few that hate summer weather. For me, there's nothing better sitting in the air conditioning learning Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8.

I feel so stupid, I looked at the forum, and I assumed that PSP meant (Adobe) Photo Shop (PC).
This program is so popular, I couldn't have made a more erroneous assumption. First error in judgment that was to my benefit.

Thanks again.

marf

o

Welcome aboard Marf,
Glad to have you here. Stick with it and experience the wonderful feeling we all get when we create something that turns out.
~Urlee~

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here