Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lost PSP in computer crash

Posted by jenn (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 22, 06 at 15:59

When our old PC crashed last year we lost everything - files and programs, including Paint Shop Pro which I purchased on-line at the Corel site.

Now I'd like to re-intall it on our new computer. I feel that I'm still entitled to the product since I paid for it.

How can I get it again on the new computer without having to pay for it again? Will the company provide me with a link to download it if I can find the serial or registration # (crossing my fingers...)?

Jen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lost PSP in computer crash

If you have either the serial or registration# I can't imagine why they wouldn't. You can't be the first person that has happened to. But I would really suggest you pay the extra $ for the CD. I only ever had that happen with one program I had downloaded and didn't get the CD, I did have the Registration # written down so I was able to get it reinstalled. Ever since then I make sure I have the CD in my hot little hands. I have already had to replace one computer and replace the harddrive in my second, and it made it much easier. Which version of PSP is it?
Carol

o

Hi Carol,

GOOD NEWS!!! I found the CD!! While looking for information about the version, I found the books(!!) and inside one of them was the invoice of my purchase from Amazon.com in CD-ROM format! (Duh... I turned 50 this year.) So then I started hunting for the CD and found it in a basket in the closet. We've been renovating for a while and just recently finished organizing the office.... but, obviously, not quite. :-/

Anyway....... I have PSP 7.02 & Animation Shop 3

Do you know if I can I upgrade it from the web site to the latest version (which I see is now version 10.03)? I'll see what I can find about this at the web site.

Jen

o

OK, I installed PSP from the CD and then upgraded it to 7.04 from the web site.

However, I don't know how to get beyond that to version 10. I tried upgrading to the first 8.0 patch but the download program looked for ver. 8 on my computer and didn't find it.

How do I get to version 10 from here?

Thanks,
Jen

o

Why don't you just check the price for PSPx on Amazon, or Staples, Office Max etc.? Then you will have the CD and not have to worry.
Carol

o

Carol, I may do that. But, I read some reviews of PSPx at Amazon that are not good.

But still..... how does anyone else upgrade from 7 to 8, and 8 to 9, and 9 to 10? Do they purchase the new version each time? Is there no way to obtain the upgrade from the web site, as a registered user, without paying again and again?

I read through the reference guide last night and I see that I have a lot to learn.......

Jen

o

Yes, with PSP7 I tried the trial version, then ordered the full. PSP8 came installed on my second computer, wasn't as thrilled with that one, seemed to crash alot. So I went to 9 loved it!!!! Then everyone was saying how great PSPX was that I went ahead and purchased it. So glad I did. Like I said I learned on PSP7, tried 8, uninstalled it but still have 7,9,& X on my computer. You can try the trial version from Corel web site for 30 days, but after that you have to purchase it.
Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here