Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kat Korner no longer available?

Posted by gumbycat (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 5, 05 at 15:08

I hope it is o.k. to ask this question on this forum. I usually hang out at the KT. Please tell me if I have overstepped. I notice that you do refer each other to websites so that is why I am asking here. I just got an email from a friend who has been trying to access MSN Groups' "Kat Korner" but gets a notice that it has been deleted or no longer available. I tried it just to see what she is talking about and got the same. Anyone use Kat Korner or have any info? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kat Korner no longer available?

Is this the message you get? Sounds like she is in the process of moving her website.

"I have recently registered this domain name, and rather than just transferring my old (and badly in need of updating) pages here, I will be making a new site, incorporating parts of my old site. Unfortunately, that could take awhile.

Please do check back from time to time. In the meantime, here is a page to see my kitty, and here are some other links which eventually will be organized into this site."

Judy

o

No, Judy. We get this message:

Hmmm, We Can't Find that Page...
The page you're looking for might have been moved or deleted. Or, perhaps the Web address is misspelled?

o

When I rechecked that's what I got too. I had typed in katkorner.com for the message I got instead of being part of an msn group.
Guess I can't help you. Maybe someone else will be along to help you out.
Don't hesitate to ask something here. If we can't help you we will tell you or maybe get you going in the right direction!
Judy

o

I joined the group PSP lost and found group that lets you inquire and find out about groups that have been deleted or closed. There are quite a few comments on KatKorner, here are a few--
RoseBeeNut wrote:
No hon, sorry to say that Kat Korner is now closed. There was a sitituation that we attempted to work out, but I'm sorry to say that over 800 plus members will be left hanging. I apologize for that, but it was not my choosing to do it this way. Please do not ask what happened - this is the sad ending to a beautiful site. I only wish that the members could have been told of it's closing prior to it's happening.

Please let anyone that may be wondering or any members that you are in contact with know what has happened. I'm sorry there is no easier way to do things.

Msn didnt delete the group Delmar.... Kat deleted it..

This is a good group, no requirements, just a way to find out about missing groups.
Deb

o

Are you serious??? I'm a member there but I only get on it about once every two weeks....I haven't checked in this week. I can't believe it! They had some really great stuff there :(

o

Am posting a link to Psp lost and found so you all can read about KatsKorner.
Deb

Here is a link that might be useful: PSPLost and found

o

Thanks for taking the time to check out Kat Korner. I'll
let my friend know that it has been closed.

o

Thanks so much for the info, last Sunday I received an e-mail, which I usually do every Sunday saying whats new at Kats Korner. I went to check in and got the same message as above (Hmmm, We Can't Find that Page...
The page you're looking for might have been moved or deleted. Or, perhaps the Web address is misspelled?
I just thought I had been dropped because I haven't checked in for a couple of weeks. So that clears that up.
Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here