Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Favorite plugin...............

Posted by Zipper_Tx (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 22, 05 at 14:29

This may have been posted before but I was doing a tut and the plugin that I downloaded from the tut link is a marvel I tell ya lol. It's a remove white plugin and I liked it so much I thought I'd share it with you guys. I will provide the link to the plugin, but you should do the tut on Wompietuts (not sure I could provide the tut link at all here) so that you get the important steps for using the plugin. There are quite a few good tuts on her page the one I'm talking about is close to the bottom.

This would have been so much easier if I could just share the link for the tut, I've rewritten this post 4 times trying to not break any rules lol. Here's her home page ;o)
http://www.wompietuts.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: remove white plugin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Favorite plugin...............

I've been playing with it a little and I like what I see!
Thanks.
Judy

o

:( I tried the link and it came up page not found, when I tried to download. Do you remeber the name of the tut? I checked out her page, it says at the bottom that you can link to her tuts. Is that not ok to do here? Deb

o
RE: Favorite plugin-----------

Hi Deb, I'm a Deb too lol. I just tried both the url addy and the link I posted they both worked. I don't know why you got page not found. Here is what's on the bottom of Wompietuts home page:

"For questions, comments, permission to post or steal, please ask wompie."

I usually don't post a link unless I have permission from the author ;0)

Sorry you are having trouble.

o

Deb, sorry I guess I didn't read too well.I understand about not posting. Just tried the link again too, and realized that I was trying the link to the homepage, not the download link. duh! Download worked just fine. Thanks. Deb

o

I just wanted to find out a little more about this plugin before I download it...Does it take the white background out of any image or phot that you have, and is it easy to use?
Thanks
Bev

o
RE: Favorite plugin.....

Bev, please forgive me for not getting back sooner, I've had my kids and grandkids here ALL day lol.

I just now loaded a photo and tried it, it takes the white out and also makes the image look like a clear transfer. I used a picture that had a white wall background in it. In my photo you can see where the wall is and the rest of the items, but through all of it you can see the background (you know the gray and white squares?). It really does look like a tee shirt transfer, wonder if it would work for one???

I used it on black and white clip art and it works great for taking out the white and leaving a black outline.

Hope that helps.

o
RE:Edited to say........

Sorry, forgot to add, it's really easy to use, you just click on the plugin and it removes the white. ;0)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here