Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with another PSP problem..

Posted by sugar_fl (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 31, 06 at 14:19

I can sure screw up a PSP program royally. Now all my PSP programs have problems.

My newest problem is with PSP9 & I created it accidently.
I moved the layer pallet to close to the bottom & now it is docked there & I can't get it back to the correct place. That I could live with but at the same time another problem happened.. I can't change the background layer. I add a new layer.. send it to the bottom & all it covers is the part that isn't misted in that one area & it has unmisted sharp lines.. I have never had this happen before. I could start out with a different layer for the bottom & paste the misted one on but I like to try differnt colors & see what looks best. That would be a lot of extra work. IF no one here can help I guess I'll have to use 8 & see if I can screw it up more. I just hate losing everything when I forget to save.
PSP7 & 8 won't do auto save.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with another PSP problem..

Sugar, go to...
File > Workspace > Load >
Choose *Default....or a custom workspace if you have one...if you don't, you should.

*If you have customized the workspace without saving it, you will lose the custom changes.

You won't lose the image you are working on , it will just return every thing to the correct place.

I don't understand the other problem..."misted" ?

However, here's a temporary work around...
Add the new layer above the background
Right click on the Background layer
Click on 'Promote Background Layer'...now you can move the background layer.
Left click on Background layer and slide to top.

Now the layers are in the right position.

Joy

o

Thanks Joy.. that fixed BOTH problems.. how simple yet so hard if U don't know how..
I had it fixed like 7.. which do U think is better.. that or default? I don't see a lot of difference as I looked at both. I had saved like 7 but forgot :( Blame it on a senior moment or rather days LOL

Another question which I'm sure there is no answer for...gonna ask anyway..
Is there any way to put the layer pallet somewhere where I don't Have to go to view & go down to Pallets?

Thanks again,
Dar

o

Sugar, there is always an answer, even if it's not what you want to hear :-)....however, in this case..

I never close mine, but if you want to, you can....

Hit F8 (on the F numbered keyboard keys), it will toggle it off and on.

Joy

o
Clarification

Sugar, when I say I never close the Layer Palette....I use it so much I would always be opening and closing.

I leave the Layer Palette open and constantly slide it from place to place, so, it's always out of my way. Just left click on the top and hold down and slide.

Joy

o

Joy when I 1st tried 9 I did the 8f but it stopped working. Now it is working again. I guess the reload workspace fixed that to. For now I think I'll just do the f8. Thanks for the help.. U saved my day :)I am about to get used to PSP9.. the only thing that irks me is the colors & I ussually get it to do what I want it to do finnally. PSP7 is my favorite but it won't save & I forget. Nice to have them all.. I can't use 10 as I still have windows 98 & it won't run on that.I know sooner or later I'll have to have XP put in. Right now I'm afraid I'll lose everything if I do. I ussually have a total crash every couple of years.. I have about a year to go LOL
THANKS, Dar

o

What is the problem with the colors in PSP 9 ?

Joy

o

joy,
When I fix the color pallet with one color & go to text the color go back to the color I had before. After several tries I get it.
Dar

o

Dar, two things to check....

1. Be sure that 'All tools' on the Material palette is enabled.

2. Double click on a color to open the Color Properties window.
Look at the upper right corner where it says 'Texture'.
If it is checked, remove the check.

Hopefully, that will solve the problem.

Joy

o
RE: all that is done..

All tools are checked & texture is unchecked. This at least is a problem I manage to get around.. The problem with flood fill is back.. gotta figure out why all of the sudden it is doing this. I got around it though but a pain in the neck LOL

o

and the problem with flood fill is ?

Joy

o

Sorry I had to leave for a few minutes

I can better show U the problem.

Until today the red would have filled the whole NEW layer I added on.. I added a new layer.. sent it to the bottom & it would have covered the bottom layer..Now U can see what it is doing. I used red so it was easier to see. I don't know why. I sure would like to get it so it would do the same as before again but how?

I have also added one done in PSP8 which is how it should do in 9 but isn't. I put purple so it would be easier to see again.
Dar

o

Dar, click on the flood tool to activate...
Go to the flood fill 'Preset' Icon and click on the little arrow so the Preset window opens.
On the top right side you will see a curved blue arrow....click on it, that should do it.

Joy

o
re: thanks

I'm grinning ear to ear..
That did it. You have sure solved a lot of my PSP problems today.. many, many THANKS,
Dar

o
Yahooooo

Me too :-)...

If you have problems with any of the tools, they all have a Reset, if you're lucky, that's all that's needed.

Joy

o
RE: Thanks again

I just hope the auto save on 9 doesn't messup like it has on 7 & 8.. I don't like 8 as it is a pain using the floodfill & text. They are below my taskbar. Anyway now that I can use layers easier I like 9 just fine..
Thanks again.. hope I don't need help again but know where I can find it *smile*
Dar

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here