Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
nee help again

Posted by gardenbrat53 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 20, 05 at 12:55

Gosh, I hope you guys don't get sick of me asking questions.
I am trying to do a tut. 1. open a new image. (got that) heres where I get confused.2. open tube and copy and paste as a new layer ONTO your canvas. How do I paste it ONTO the canvas. then it says to duplicate twice..okay got that, but then, it says I should have 3 layers of image and 1 empty layer at the bottom. After I paste, I don't have the empty layer. Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks so much for all your help!! Deb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: nee help again

Deb, have to make this quick, leaving for an appointment.

I think this is what it means....
File > Browse > find the tubes left click on the tube you want and drag it off onto the workspace....or, double click on it.

Right click on top of the tube window....click Copy.

Move back to the New Image you started with....
Right click top of the New image window....
paste as a new layer....dup twice.

The new image is the first layer (blank)
The duped tube is the second & third layer.

Hope I have it right....if not, post the tutorial, I will check when I get back from my appointment.

Joy

o

Joy, you are a doll!! Thanks so much! I saved your instructions for future use. ( i'm sure I'll forget again.)lol
This is the tut I was doing. For you.....
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Deb

o

Deb, excellent work...thank you, for the signature, however....

I don't think I ever looked like that, even when I was young and foolish and now that I'm old and foolish, there is no hope :-)

Joy

o

WOW Deb ,
I am blushing for Joy.
You did a terrific job!
I can't believe you!
You graduated in ONE day!

~Urlee~

o

Nice job Deb!!!!!
Judy

o

Thanks all!! This was a really well written tut, easy for me to follow, once Joy helped me out with the layer thing. Love playing with this program! Can't stay off the computer. lol Good thing it's too hot to do anything outside. Deb

o

Hi Deb
great job
Any chance you could post a link to the tut please?
Hugs
Sue :)

o

Here is link for tut I did.
It's on the same page as magazine tut.
It's called triple T.
Deb

Here is a link that might be useful: triple t

o

Nice work Deb...and wouldn't we all like to look that good, we'll maybe some of you do, so I guess I shouldn't say that. LOL
Bev

o

Hey Deb you did really well.
LOL I couldn't follow the tut too well - think after a while my brain stopped working but I got it finished.
And No I don't look this good either but i liked the look of it - especially the big glass.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o

Thanks Bev, maybe 30 years ago! lol

Sue, your tag look great! How did you get yours with the black background.
Deb:)

o

Thanks Deb
LOL I got the black background by NOT being able to follow directions. The tut said add a black layer and then use that effect (slat) as part of the text but I added it to the picture and liked the effect. Clear as mud eh. Added my name after I finished the picture part.

o

Well....who said tuts have to be followed exactly anyway???
LOL. If they get the creative juices going that's what counts.
Deb:)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here