Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
assistance with batch process please

Posted by Elaine_Canada (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 10, 05 at 11:08

My brother was here and I downloaded 152 pictures from his camera card to my computer. He wants me to resize about 50 and send them to him via e-mail.

I've never done this before, but wondered if it was possible to do through "batch processing" - which took me to scripts.....again I've never done this. I wanted to resize them to a maximum 500 pixel width and dread doing this one by one.

I read the instructions for the script - tried to resize just two at a time. Ran the script and it resized one and then said it was in a restricted section. I found the trusted and restricted scripts listed and it is not listed in that spot. Tried to do it again and it doesn't show anywhere. I'm lost here.

Help would be appreciated or I have a long, long job ahead.

Elaine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: assistance with batch process please

Elaine, if your script contained a Save I think it will need to be in the Trusted scripts folder.

Did you save the script giving it a name and browsing to the folder to save in or did you use the Save to Quickscript? Quickscript is more temporary, for a script you can reuse whenever you want be sure to go thru the File menu and record the script and save the recording with a name in a script folder.

I'm not real swift on scripts but it is do-able. Actually I tried it on some of my scans and it would have worked perfectly if my photos had all been the same size.

If yours are all the same size to begin with...

1. Open one of the images.

2. File / Script / Start Recording

3. Image / Resize... In Pixel Dimensions area set Units to Pixels and width to 500, Click OK.

4. File / Script / Save Recording and name it and save it in restricted scripts.

5. File / Batch / Process... Browse to select the files you want (try a test run with 4 or 5, just to make sure it works), Check the Use Script box and pick your script from the list. Set the save mode for a Copy (so you don't mess up the originals, just in case). Put in your Save options. (I like the New file name: custom text with a sequece number.) Then go back up to the Start button and click it.

6. Let me know if it worked!

You can undo the change to the photo used to create the script and run it with the rest so you still have the original.

Now, if your photos are all different sizes you need someone smarter with scripts than I am. Try the
corel.PaintShopPro_Scripting news group (Corel site, Home > Community > Newsgroups). I'm sure they could help you out.

HTH,
Jill

o

Thanks Jill - to begin with, someone wrote and told me that with XP - all you have to do is right click on the pictures and choose "resize picture" and it works for e-mail. So that's what I did and I was happy that it worked.

Now....... this is the first time I tried to do a script - I did what your directions say, exactly - except I'm not sure when I got to #5. It seems to have been saved, but not in trusted... Of course at that point - I was getting error messages and gave up. I'll have to go back and see if I can get it to work.

Thanks for the instructions - I'll follow the #'s 1 - 5 and I will let you know if it works.

Elaine

o

Amazing what one can find out there. I believe this is exactly what you are looking for...

ResizeToLimit at http://pixelnook.home.comcast.net/

Found it in answer to a question posted back in May on corel.PaintShopPro_Scripting news group.

This one allows for variable sizes, limiting one dimension.

Jill

Here is a link that might be useful: Pixelnook site

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here