Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wanting to create graphics

Posted by underthemoon (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 29, 07 at 10:01

Hi there - I am new to this board, but it looks like I may have found a great place to get help with my question! A friend and I are wanting to try creating graphics to put on a web site and CD's. She is very talented at designing and drawing. I, however, have NO imagination and can't draw a stick man, but can paint ( typically on canvas, suitcases, teapots, anything that will hold still). My question is once she draws her images on paper, I assume I just "color" it with watercolor or acrylic, then scan it?
This is all very new to us. I am having a challenge getting the same look of my painting on paper as I do on objects. What paper is best to use? Does anyone have any advise or suggestions on how we get started? Thanks for any help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wanting to create graphics

Sorry noone has gotten back to you. It has been very slow on here this summer. Hopefully someone will come along and help you out.

o
RE: Wanting to create graphics

Not 100% sure I understand your question, but if I were you I would use what ever paper works best to paint on beings you intend to scan the finished product.Have you tried card stock? There are many types of textured paper out there you could try.
Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here