Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Why is my camera doing this?

Posted by ms_minnamouse (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 2, 07 at 22:20

What's the problem here? It always does this with fuchsia and alike colors. The picture looks so fake.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Why is my camera doing this?

Simple answer is, the color in the flowers is out of the recording range of your camera.

Your camera's image processor (software) takes the raw data from the recording sensor and assigns it to a specific RGB color space (sRGB most likely). When it encounters a color it can't assign it coerces it to the nearest possible color. The result is an apparent loss of detail and posterization. Welcome to the digital world. Every color must be a number. The range of available numbers is pre-defined and you tried to photograph a color outside that range -- can't happen.

o
RE: Why is my camera doing this?

Darn.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here