Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Squirlz Reflection program

Posted by kyry (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 23, 05 at 16:10

Has anyone tried this program? I found it over at Kat Korner, it is really easy and pretty neat.

Carol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Squirlz Reflection program

Carol, looks good.

It's new to me. Tell us about it....easy to download, install, use, etc. ?

Joy

o

Yes to all. You open a .jpg in PSP duplicate the layer, flip that layer,merge, save as a jpg. Open Squirlz reflect program click on the dash line on the left. Outline the bottom half of your jpg, then click reflect. Save as an AVI. Open AS and go through the wizard. Save then as a GIF. These instructions were given to me by a very gracious person named Bev. I downloaded and just couldn't figure out what to do with it. Give it a try it was really simple. There is another called Squirlz Morph, I haven't tried that yet.
Carol

o

Thank you, Carol. I downloaded both, Morph and Reflection. Will give it a try tomorrow.

I'll post a sample....as soon as I get a keeper, that is :-)

Joy

o

Carol, I can't see your image for some reason. Could you post or send me the link to the software? Thanks a bunch!

Rebecca

o

Hi Rebecca here is the link
I wonder why you can't see my picture? Have fun with the program.
Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: Squirlz Reflect

o
re RE: Squirlz Reflection program

Joy the Morph seems a little more involved. I'll wait till I have lots of time to play with it. There is a tut for the Morph over at Kat Korner. Good luck, I'm anxious to see your results.
Carol

o

Carol, I think it is Comcast coup, LOL! I am using there competitor here in my city.

Off to check out the program!

Rebecca

o

I hope this shows up! I saved it as a gif but for some reason I can not see it in my browser :(. It was fun creating it!

Rebecca

o

Carol, first try, hopefully, it will get better :-)

Wanted to try and see if it would work as something other than reflection, selected only the rose.
Probably would have looked better if I had selected the whole top.

JOY

o
Good Job....

Rebecca, good job, like your choice of flower.

Joy

o

Great work Rebecca, isn't it fun and easy? I have other storage space on Netscape can you see this one?

Of course Joy, as usual yours is terrific! Now share with us how you did it. I started out trying what you had done, before I figured out how it worked, but I couldn't get it to do what you did. So I setteled for the reflection.
Carol

o

Carol, I didn't do anything special. Just start with a photo (jpeg) that has an area that you want to have ripple or wave, don't flip.

This is what I did....

I opened a new image, used a cube (tube) in PSP.
Selected the three sides of the cube with the Magic Wand and added the rose(s).
De-selected
Saved it as a jpeg (no two layers or flipping), then....

I opened Sqirlz and found the rose/cube file.
Selected only the rose, the rest is the same.
I could have selected the whole top of the cube instead of just the rose.

I hope this makes sense...
Joy

o

Makes sense, the only thing I can't figure out how to do is add another selection, ie the stream in front of the Unicorn.

Carol

o

Carol, very pretty.

From the 'Help' menu....I haven't tried it, yet.

"Adding several reflecting areas

To create two reflecting areas, do the following:

Set up the animation as usual with a single Outline around your first reflecting area.
Save the animation to an AVI file (preferably using no compression when saving).
Load your saved AVI file using the "AVI Open" command in the File menu.
Draw a new Outline around your second reflecting area.
You can now view your two-reflection animation, or save it to an AVI or Flash file.

The above procedure can be repeated as many times as you like to create three, four or more reflecting areas."

Joy

o

Thank you Joy, now why didn't I think of going to the help menu. Actually I had when I first got the program and found it pretty sparce with info. I had thought that you must have to save and start with a new file, but I have never worked with AVI before and was not sure. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
I'm going to give it a try now.
Carol

o

Those are really nice. I also have the reflect program, but will have to try this one when I get the time.
Nice job all.
Bev

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here