Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Making photohows on the computer

Posted by coppertop52 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 12, 08 at 14:43

I just saw a DVD of photos that someone had made and I am very interested in doing this. I have seen the Photoshow5 ad on the computer and made a show on it and I like it very much. I was wondering if there is better software out there that is not too expensive? (say no more than &60.00)I don't want to get anything too complicated as I am not very good with computer things. Thanks for any info you can give me, Sandra

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Making photohows on the computer

Hi Sandra,

You might want to look into a program you probably already have, Windows Movie Maker....it is part of Windows XP....you'll find it under:

- Start Button
- Programs
- Accessories
- Entertainment
- Windows Movie Maker

You can create slide shows, add text, music etc....you can make it as simple or as complicated as you like....

If you are running Windows, the price is right.... : ))

FlutteringBy

o

I am using Photostory on CD & DVD and LOVE it sooooo much, I am in my glory!
The only problem is, is instead of a book you can read, everything (manuals & help) now a days is electronic so I have my eye on getting a laptop so I can relax in the easy chair to read instructions and hints on how to use everything. I was printing out stuff but that was hard on the pocketbook. (ink/paper)
I started using movie maker but found better easier options on Photo Story 2004 which I only paid $18.97 for then being that was an older version, I decided to get the newest one from BestBuy that was $19.99- $$25.54 w/tax,shipping on the net.

o

Thanks so much for the information on the Windows Movie Maker. I checked it out, and have already made a DVD on it . I think this will help me for a while . Maybe after I get the hang of it, I will buy some type of software to add more to it. Thanks again, FlutteringBy.

Urlee, thanks for the info on Photostory. I will check this out after I practice on my computer with the movie maker. Thanks again for the info.

o

coppertop,

I think the reason I went with another program was because I needed an encoding tool to burn to disk to be able to play on my DVD player. Plus it has better features.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here