Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just Before You Finish A Tut......

Posted by flutteringby (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 26, 06 at 14:00

Hi All,

I just finished a tut by Abby's Alley Graphics & More......& she had this interesting little tidbit at the end:

"When you are nearing the end of a tutorial & before doing a final save, you can go to Image > Image Information & click on the "Creator Information" tab. In the description field, add the tutorial name, url (& other info, such as font used etc) Then save as a PSP file. That information is saved along with the image. The next time you say to yourself, "I wish I could remember which tut I used" you will have all the info available in the image itself.
Then do your final save & export as a .jpg"

This tip is similar to the one that we XP users do with a .jpg image......right click on the .JPG > Properties > Summary & add dates, ages, names of people, places etc. that are in the .jpg......the digital equivalent of writing on the back of a photo!.... : ))

FlutteringBy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just Before You Finish A Tut......

Thanks Flutteringby, both are great tips, I wasn't aware of either.
Carol

o

Wow. Hope I can remember to do that. Thats a great idea.
Judy

o

WOW Didn't even realise that was an option.
LOL Thank you for teaching me a new tick.
Sue :)

o

THANK U!

Urlee

o

Thank you so much for posting these two tips - I had never heard of either one - wonderful information!

Elaine

o

As I said, I wasn't aware of the Psp tip but I think its great....you can add any info that you want!

Once you XP users start adding info to your .jpg images; you will find that when you rest your pointer on that .jpg thumbnail or icon, all the info will appear in the little "balloon" that appears....so you don't have to keep going to properties to view the info....

Aren't these computers amazing??.....lol...

FlutteringBy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here