Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Resizing pictures

Posted by cocooner (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 23, 07 at 9:19

Hi there. I am having trouble with something that I would consider basic. I have a digicam that takes high resolution pictures. Sometimes I want to be able to make them smaller -about 130 to 400 pixels wide, depending on my needs. I just don't seem to be able to figure out how to do it. I know that I tried on Picasa software and it took a corner of the picture rather than shrink it evenly.

Could someone suggest some freeware that would be easy to use for this? I'm reasonably competent on a 'puter but this is giving me fits.

thanks, cocooner

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Resizing pictures

Try Infranview. Free and easy to use.
http://www.irfanview.com/

o
RE: Resizing pictures

Go to your pictures (graphics or signatures) in your computer,

Right click onto a picture, a box will open, left click "Edit",

A big box will open with your picture showing,

In the top bar, click "Image",

Then click "Stretch",

Another box will open and you can change the sizes there. I only change the top two sizes. And I am using 50 in both (There are two more, but I leave them alone). This cuts the photo by half. Just keep playing around with the size till you get what you want,

Then click "OK",

The new size will now appear,

Click "Files" in the top left hand side,

Click "Save as",

You now have a new small size picture. You can delete the larger size if you wish.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here